My Gi's GOT RUINED.. NOOOO!

Soid

Renegade of Funk
@Black
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit do I have badluck or what. I get my mom to wash my gi's so I can have them ready for tomorrow. She takes them out and they are covered in ink spots.. both of them.. ruined. For fucksake why must I be punished like this. I'll look like a fucking tool with inkstains on my gi. Anyone know if there's anything I can put on them to remove the stains. :icon_evil

Dye them black. Go to the coin op laundry and dye them late at night so they don't see you doing this. After your done dying it run a few clean cycles in the washing machine so you don't ruin the next guys load of clothes. You'll have to remove all the patches first and the embroidery will turn black as well but at least you can still wear them to train in.

www.SSFgear.com

I'd agree with Ron.... either black or some other dark colour which works with the spots such as dark blue.... otherwise you could use something like a stain devil or oxyclean in paste form. If they don't work you'll either have to try and persuade your clubmates you intend to look like a dalmation ('It's the new look - god, don't you know anything?') or take the dye plunge and colour your gi. Defo remover the patches like Ron says though.

I'll give it a try but I'm definently getting new gi's just incase. Fuck, and I was supposed to train five times this week.

lol at your mom washing your gi.

That sucks though man. I would just bite the bullet and get another gi.

Depends on how many/where the ink spots are - but you could try to cover them with patches,

fuck it dude, i would still train in them, who cares abouth the spots. use them while your new gi's are being shipped.

Soid said:
I'll give it a try but I'm definently getting new gi's just incase. Fuck, and I was supposed to train five times this week.
spots or not you suck anyway,-M

seriously, if it was me id use those stained gis just for training, and get a single new gi for competing. im sure guys in class will understand what happened and not think twice about it.

Rotund Grappler said:
seriously, if it was me id use those stained gis just for training, and get a single new gi for competing. im sure guys in class will understand what happened and not think twice about it.

That's a good tip.

Nobody should really care that much about your gi.

LCDforMe said:
That's a good tip.

Nobody should really care that much about your gi.
Nah, it's also how fucked up it got in the process, aside from the ink stains I could care less but when there is a whole in the pants from the pen and how some places are tore from the process. I can fix them though but I needed a few gi's because parents are bitching about using the washing machine too much. Plus I'm happy with my purchases :)

I feel your pain dude. My old roomate through my gis in the dryer and put the cycle on high. Couldn't even squeeze into them. But seriously, why is your mom doing your laundry?

Brandinho said:
I feel your pain dude. My old roomate through my gis in the dryer and put the cycle on high. Couldn't even squeeze into them. But seriously, why is your mom doing your laundry?
She's doing my laundry because she's been doing it for the past 17 years of my life.. plus whenever I ask her to teach me she refuses to.

Plus she's cool so she dont mind.

Rotund Grappler said:
if they were white gis to begin with, dare i say bleach them?

I think bleach will weaken the Gi material. I could be wrong though.
Soid did you buy a new Gi? and what kind?

Bleach will break down and weaken the material. How much depends on the stregth of the bleach, the quality of the material and how long it is used. I'd stay away from bleaching it.

I wouldn't even care. I would wear them anyways. As long as they are clean and don't smell bad I will wear almost any gi.

...I would however leave out the part about your mom washing your gi when you have to explain yourself.

I'll still use the gi's, but I'm gonna try removing the stains before I do. I got some of the stains out today so I'm happy. Plus I got to buy a gameness gi again and a HCK because I needed them ASAP because dying it and getting the bleach out is gonna take me a while especially when I have other shit to do.

I would however leave out the part about your mom washing your gi when you have to explain yourself.
Why? In the end it doesn't matter to me.. unless you actually care that much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back