My entire office is talking about Ronda

Other than Fast and Furious, I don't know what other movies she's been in without googling. I'd guess one of the latest Expendables, probably.

She's the biggest star in the sport at this moment.

People were calling Michael Johnson the fastest man in the world, even though he didn't compete in the 100m dash.

These things are a big deal for a very short while, and then they aren't.

I don't think Ronda or Zuffa are going to convert the core audiences of The View and Teen Mom into stable UFC PPV purchasers.

Michael Johnson had world records in two of the 3 sprints, and ran a 200m time that many thought would never be beaten. Check his split times for his record breaking 200meters. It was something like 9.20 for the second 100metres of that race. He was definitely the fastest man alive. Absolutely amazing race.

I get what you're saying with those examples though, but I think Rousey will have more staying power due to social media. People love a bandwagon and social media makes it easier than ever for casuals and sheep to jump on one.

Ronda is the only fighter people I work with has ever talked about. But these people are not mma fight or dont watch ronda fights. Its more of this woman is so amazing she can beat up men. When I said her competition is pathetic and I can kick her ass......alot of people turned on me. This woman who never seen mma fight calls me a sexist and say Im too proud to admit a woman can kick my ass lol.

I would bet a years salary Ronda can pick the second in which she can KO you. You sir are a fucking idiot.

I gotta ask my friends who work in offices but different fields if they are getting this exposure as well. Were in Toronto, I am curious if its going on here as well. But i've seen Ronda reach people I have never expected already.

I would bet a years salary Ronda can pick the second in which she can KO you. You sir are a fucking idiot.

Submit...maybe, but KO ? Cmon dude. Any guy with average standup does NOT get kod by RR. She a 140lb girl ffs. Put the kool aid down.

Yeah I have to say I've been seeing the same. A lot of people that I would never have thought watch MMA were posting pics of Ronda on IG. I went to pick up a friend before going out on saturday night, and his family ordered the fight even though I've never ever heard of them talk about MMA before.
I didn't really buy it at first, but Ronda probably is the UFC's biggest star.

What is sad about it is that those people not just in your office but the super casual fans who don't know what MMA even is will never get into the sport to watch it. They just don't care for it and will only watch Ronda and talk about Ronda until she loses. After that nobody would care anymore and they will move to something else. Next time ask them to name another fighter besides Ronda and see what they say.

Even my uncle who isn't a fan of MMA was talking about Ronda. Please take it from me, it is a big deal that he talked about Ronda.

I'm the only one out of my friends who is really into MMA in terms of knowing stats, records, styles, etc and they all commented about it.

She is definitely the biggest star in MMA

Michael Johnson had world records in two of the 3 sprints, and ran a 200m time that many thought would never be beaten. Check his split times for his record breaking 200meters. It was something like 9.20 for the second 100metres of that race. He was definitely the fastest man alive. Absolutely amazing race.

I get what you're saying with those examples though, but I think Rousey will have more staying power due to social media. People love a bandwagon and social media makes it easier than ever for casuals and sheep to jump on one.

He was absolutely not the fastest man alive. That title has always gone to the reigning 100m champ.

And split times for the 200 don't mean a lot. He wasn't accelerating from a dead stop for the second 200.

If Donovan Bailey or whoever got to take a running start at the zero-meter mark for the 100, they'd knock plenty of time off their 100m as well.

Johnson was an amazing 200m and 400m runner, but those simply aren't the distances used to give that title. It was mostly that at that time, he was American and the 100m champ wasn't.

That 150m race between Johnson and Bailey was a joke, though. Did you believe Johnson actually pulled his hamstring or just dropped to the ground when he saw Bailey pulling away?

Someone who had never once mentioned MMA in any fashion asked me if I had heard about "that fighter that's a girl". I said I wasn't interested in anything to do with bloodsports or human cockfighting.

Man, it's almost like sports are the news sometimes

I watched it at a bar and there were so many women and fuckwads watching. It was horrible. Everyone and their friends were commentating during the fights, saying the same homoerotic shit you always hear. I heard from several people during Shogun vs. Little Nog fight, "didn't this guy just fight that tall guy, lol." It was really fucking annoying.

Ronda is killin' MMA for me.

I fixed it for you.

It's because she's a woman. This is why you'll get thousands showing up at a breast cancer walk but nobody shows up for anything that helps men.

OP I'd take the day off if I were you. Tell them you feel nauseous.

Only reason they are talking about it is because there were a 1000 videos on facebook of the quick finish. Everyone seen it
Ronda is the only athlete that has broad appeal among girls, boys, women and men.

The UFC doesn't make money off of people talking about a fight. They make money by people buying fights and for whatever reason her fights don't sell that many ppvs. It's so odd considering her popularity.

Back