My Diet

Norcalbowhunter

White Belt
Reaction score
I was hoping if I posted my diet here some of you could look at it and give me pointers on what I should be doing different.

Breakfast consists of three whole eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and one bowl of oats for a total on 600 calories.

One protein shake after my run 280 calories

Lunch Consists of a turkey/tuna sandwich and fruits equaling 600 calories itself.

One Protein shake after workout/circuit 280 calories

Dinner is in the works, I will be looking at chicken/fish dinners with some veggies and fruits to go with it. Calorie limit doesn't exceed 600 calories.

So for a entire day my calorie intake is 2,360. I am 6'3" tall and weight about 230. I am aiming for the goal of loosing body fat, while building muscle. I exercise daily. I lift weights every other day, and the days I do not lift weights I run 4 miles, do a circuit I have came up with and then hit the heavy bag. So I am a very active person. I want to become toned and get in shape so I can fight in MMA fights.

Last edited:
-Lose the chips. Seriously...CHIPS? Add some fruit and/or veggies instead.

-I assume you're using normal bread on your sandwich? At the very least, switch to whole wheat sandwich thins or ezekial bread. Better yet, don't eat bread while trying to lose fat. Make TWO sandwiches with lots of meat and lettuce for the bun.

-Dinner cannot be "random". Put together 2 or 3 recipes that you like that include nothing but protein and fat. Rotate them for dinner each night ("Monday: Salmon w/broccoli, Tuesday: Steak with asparagus, Wednesday: Ground beef with hot sauce" could be a sample rotation). And for God's sake, DO NOT EAT TV DINNERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

-Breakfast looks good, as does your snack. However, if you're trying to lose weight, you'll probably want to cut back on your carbs a bit. This means that reducing the amount of fruit in your snack if your progress stalls after making the other corrections. Even though fruit is good, 100+ grams of carbohydrate at once can definitely slow your weight loss.

-I would add a simple protein shake or two to this diet. You'll want some extra protein to avoid losing muscle when you diet. A scoop of whey or casein protein in water alongside a few grams of fish oil is a great snack for right before bed.

-Lose the chips. Seriously...CHIPS? Add some fruit and/or veggies instead.

-I assume you're using normal bread on your sandwich? At the very least, switch to whole wheat sandwich thins or ezekial bread. Better yet, don't eat bread while trying to lose fat. Make TWO sandwiches with lots of meat and lettuce for the bun.

No I use whole wheat bread. However I am trying to loose body fat, lower my % down. So I should cut out the bread all together?

-Dinner cannot be "random". Put together 2 or 3 recipes that you like that include nothing but protein and fat. Rotate them for dinner each night ("Monday: Salmon w/broccoli, Tuesday: Steak with asparagus, Wednesday: Ground beef with hot sauce" could be a sample rotation). And for God's sake, DO NOT EAT TV DINNERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Alright I will take this advice to heart. Guess I will have to do some digging around and calorie counting till I find something that makes me happy and balances out the calorie count.

-Breakfast looks good, as does your snack. However, if you're trying to lose weight, you'll probably want to cut back on your carbs a bit. This means that reducing the amount of fruit in your snack if your progress stalls after making the other corrections. Even though fruit is good, 100+ grams of carbohydrate at once can definitely slow your weight loss.

I think I should rephrase my statement. I know I said I wanted to cut down to 190, however I do want to build muscle. I think more of what I am looking for is loosing body fat while building muscle. Do carbs add to the body fat? If so should I still cut down on the carb intake?

Well after you're advice I redid my diet. I removed the chips from lunch and added fruit into their place while staying within my calorie limit. I also added a second protein drink to my diet. Instead of adding fruit to them I will drink them with plain water and have one after I run and one after I do my circuit/workout. All in all it comes out to about the same calorie count.

Hopefully I will start to see a increase of muscle gain while I watch the fat burn away.

Whole wheat bread isn't that great, but if you're eating a lot of other good foods and exercising daily, it won't kill you. As long as you're progressing, don't worry about it.

One more thing: Plan on adding muscle or cutting to 190, but not both. Go on a mission to lose your excess body fat. When that goal has been reached, add an extra 1500 calories and increase your lifting volume to gain muscle. Committing yourself fully to one goal at a time is the best way to ensure success. Plus, after a period of dieting, your body will add muscle more easily than if you try to gain weight on a caloric deficit.

Good luck!

Whole wheat bread isn't that great, but if you're eating a lot of other good foods and exercising daily, it won't kill you. As long as you're progressing, don't worry about it.

One more thing: Plan on adding muscle or cutting to 190, but not both. Go on a mission to lose your excess body fat. When that goal has been reached, add an extra 1500 calories and increase your lifting volume to gain muscle. Committing yourself fully to one goal at a time is the best way to ensure success. Plus, after a period of dieting, your body will add muscle more easily than if you try to gain weight on a caloric deficit.

Good luck!

Alright thanks for the advice! You have been more then helpful. My goal then now is simply to just cut my body fat down, either to 190 or till I am happy with it. Then work like a mule to tone my muscles up and get into good shape.

Back