My Dad is going to try Jiu Jitsu tonight!

Hillary

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So, my father is a slightly less aggressive version of Epic Beard Man (down to the Vietnam service and history of picking fights) but has finally decided tonight that he's going to try class.

He's 63 but strong as an ox, and I want to see his old man strength put some guys in their place!!

(pic is 2 years old but observe old man strength in full force)

OAAAAG2dXu0n3FnlzPrPR1gyrR1pvSBvaWQg6RRZQDQHnxHe0BBNFyjYaNYHh_QTuA4XJRs3Evtxa9CCwHcQ5bNf_iQAm1T1UHnxP7fxi8SVqP4A7ayR5B4cYAjH.jpg

As a reward for my happiness, here's my coach and training partner doing an armdrag!
YouTube - Scissor Half Arm Drag

Last edited:
Let us know how it goes. It might be a bit of an ego killer if he has to tap to his daughter.

I've been doing BJJ for more than 8 years now but my Dad still thinks I am going to karate lessons.

My Dad pretty much the exact same as yours. 63. Strong as an ox. Military service. I would like to introduce him to BJJ but everytime he sees a UFC ad on TV he looks away in legitimate disgust.

I wonder what happens when he finds out I've had NHB fights.

I'm curious to know how your dad reacts.

My dad knows quite a bit about it. Ex-wrestler, watches technique videos and live streams, and reads the Underground. I started traveling and competing at 17 so he was very protective and learned what's going on to know where I was and what I was doing.

Plus, I've turned him into a full-blown TKD hater. It's fabulous.

Tell your dad to take it easy on the "kids".
Keep us posted on how he liked it.

Old man strength rules.

Yet you can clearly see he is more proud of your biceps than his own.

Thats really awesome! Maybe in 10 years or so you can give him his BB.

Thanks for the random arm drag from scissors half, I will have to try that tonight.

That’s outstanding! I am 43 and train with my two sons 18 and 16. I can say that I am so proud of them and to be able to train with them, is a special bond. I wish you both the best.

That's awesome. I have kind of wished the last two years that my dad's back wasn't so horrible. Selfish maybe, but we always wrestled growing up, and of course he always slaughtered me. Now that I might have a little chance, he goes and messes up some discs. lol

Sidenote: You must have been rolling with some white belts the day of that picture, you have some death-clutch spazz pinch bruises on your bicep lol.

I hope I am rolling at 63. Only 36 now and older than most people I roll with.

Yeah I know his strength is gonna be fine, I'm worried about his joint flexibility but as much as he's always working around here (he just builds when he gets bored--house, shed, mini apartment thingie, garden/orchard, dam, etc) I think he'll be fine.

And yeah, I was a brand new purple belt in that picture and I'm sure I was still spazzy as well. :)

wait, are you using orkut to make your illicit Brazilian connections?

I'm onto you

War Old Man Strength. That's cool though. My dad likes MMA (he even told me that he wished it was around when he was a kid), but due to his fucked up knees, he couldn't train even if he wanted to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back