My Current Team vs. Your Time Team

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Okay, here are five decent current UFC fighters from HW - LW. Now you make a team of only retired fighters, whom if they could magically return in their prime, could face my team and win more than lose. Then tell me what you think the final record would be and why.

HW: Travis Browne
LHW: Ryan Bader
MW: Lyoto Machida
WW: Matt Brown
LW: Jim Miller

***Technically Fedor counts as retired until he is re-signed. But you may want to challenge yourself and see if you can find another HW.

And feel free to suggest a different current team for us to challenge with our time teams.

Last edited:
are we picking just decent fighters (Babalu, Trigg, etc) or can we go with the big guns (Hughes, Liddell, etc)?

I might do the following:

HW: Mark Kerr
LHW: Chuck Liddell
MW: Murilo Bustamante
WW: Matt Hughes
LW: Jens Pulver

I think this team would go 3 - 2 against the current team. I think my losses on this team would be Bustamante and Pulver.

I might do the following:

HW: Mark Kerr
LHW: Chuck Liddell
MW: Murilo Bustamante
WW: Matt Hughes
LW: Jens Pulver

I think this team would go 3 - 2 against the current team. I think my losses on this team would be Bustamante and Pulver.

I don't see your team winning one fight.

are we picking just decent fighters (Babalu, Trigg, etc) or can we go with the big guns (Hughes, Liddell, etc)?

According to some posters, even those big guns don't have a chance of winning...so pick the biggest names you want.

I don't see your team winning one fight.

OMG, prime Kerr and Hughes are guaranteed wins!

Prime Liddell and Bader would be competive.

Pulver would probably get worked by Miller and Bustamante wouldn't be able to get Lyoto down.

HW: Mark Coleman
LHW: Ricardo Arona
MW: Kazuo Misaki
WW: Pele
LW: Sherk

Possible that I would go 4-1 with Misaki being the lone loser. Confident I would be at least 3-2 because Pele/Brown would be a war and a tossup at best

I think that team would go 3 - 2.

Carwin and Royce would lose.

Prime Carwin murks hapa.

Schaub said by the time of the Mir fight Carwins back was so messed up that he couldn't even hit the pads in training and he still schlacked him.

At the time of the Gonzaga fight (according to Schaub) Carwin was the best HW he'd ever trained with.

dqr59g.jpg

14b4aic1.jpg

I think Chuck/GSP/[motivated]Penn are all pretty obvious and would win 7-8/10. HW is easy, any top 10 goat hw would take out travis.

MW is the tough one without AS being retired. The only other dominant MWs were Franklin and Hendo, I wouldn't bet on either.

I'm gonna go with Saku for MW cause you can never count him out.

Okay, here are five decent current UFC fighters from HW - LW. Now you make a team of only retired fighters, whom if they could magically return in their prime, could face my team and win more than lose. Then tell me what you think the final record would be and why.

HW: Travis Browne
LHW: Ryan Bader
MW: Lyoto Machida
WW: Matt Brown
LW: Jim Miller

Lesnar
Liddell
Arona
GSP
Sherk

HW: Lesnar
LHW: Liddell
MW: Sonnen
WW: GSP
LW: Penn

My team would dominate 5-0.

oh, wasteland... then the 123 Kid, Randy Savage, Mr. Perfect, Kamala & Brutus Beefcake.

For some reason Sherdog has a rule that you aren't allowed to contemplate fantasy match - ups which is I'm sure why this thread got wastelanded. But I'll never get that rule. Why not? Every sports fan every where for every type of sport spends lots and lots of times considering fantasy match ups whether or not they could ever actually happen. It is part of the fun of the dialogue of sports!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back