My Bluebelt promotion...10x1 min rounds of sparring video...

Good stuff. Where is this? It didn't sound like they were speaking English at first, until I heard a couple "nice, nice arm drag comments".

How long had you been training at this point? Not to bash, just as a reference to see where I'm at.

Good stuff. Where is this? It didn't sound like they were speaking English at first, until I heard a couple "nice, nice arm drag comments".

Tagalog - Filipino

A lot of Filipino's speak "Taglish" mixture of Tagalog and English words

I love seeing technical white belts...it gives me hope :D

Haha I was thinking the same thing, very good technique displayed by white belts, I wished our white belts rolled like that. My instructor is Filipino and he said from the few places he trained at in the Phillipines, they didn't have very many higher belts (there was a blue belt super fight at one of the tournaments he watched), but they definitely had high standards for their promotions.

Congrats, keep up the hard work. You look very technical for your level.

My blue belt test was 30 x 1 rounds, and we put people through 60 x 1 for purple belt! Belts are so watered down now!

Just kidding bro. You looked smooth in your videos. Thanks for the video and keep up the good work.

Thanks guys!!!

Unfortunately...after my promotion..i got the bluebelt fever..and started to slack of a bit.

But im back..and its back to training for me ;)

always cool to see people training in other countries. nice to know the sport is growing steadily.

Congrats man! Thanks for posting the video. Good job man, now don't slack off! Blue belt is just the beginning!

Any feedback and critique on my game though?

i find my open guard passing a bit sloppy.

I enjoyed that. The guy you roll with at the first and last of the second video is very good for a white belt. I do find that watching BJJers roll is just the same as watching two good Judokas in newaza though :icon_chee :icon_twis

Well done.

Back