My ass kicking in Romania

Jiu-Jitsu Cop

Green Belt
Reaction score
OK I know I am opening myself to being ridiculed but here is a video of me losing in Romania. Well technically I won by DQ but in reality he kicks my ass. I have not fought in 9 years and after the first knee to my face I did not mentally recover until he was on me trying to choke me. He was 6 time national champion in kickboxing in Romania and I had it in my mind to submit him and for some unknown reason I did not hardly punch. Well I am open to criticism so fire away. :icon_sad:

YouTube - David Welp Romania fight

u got ballz for posting it, and entering the cage... is that an amy or pro bout... well done, you got nothing but respect from me. you should pm a mod and get a fighter tag

thanks. It was a pro fight. I have always had much respect for all fighters but I see the cage a little differnt now ( I was a thai boxer in the past). Yeah maybe posting a video that I do not look good in is not the best but hey if I do not want to be embarassed then I should train harder. Thanks.

Congrats for stepping in. I know the guy you fought and his JJ is lousy to say the least. A better strategy would have brought a different result, IMO. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Romania. Cheers!

You really want him to get that tag, don't you?

lol... still waiting for my Pro fighter tag... i am Matt Brown after all...

hats off for getting int here bro - sometimes you need to take a few shots to clear out the cob webs

Props for posting, I see some problems with the way you fought but im sure you already know them :).

I think you still had a chance to win without the DQ. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats for stepping in. I know the guy you fought and his JJ is lousy to say the least. A better strategy would have brought a different result, IMO. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Romania. Cheers!

How is it going Tudor. I had a great time over there. Yeah I am pissed about the way I fought. That is why I posted it here so that I can remember it everytime I train.

Codemonkey I herd that you are a pro fighter (I do not know if that is true but lets both get the tag then). I will PM the mod for the title. Thanks.

What's your credentials and experience?
I was a pro thai boxer and fought out of Pistons gym under Yuki Horiuchi. I was 9-2 and retired 9 years ago. Took up JJ as a sport and decided to cage fight (My first cage fight is hte one posted on this thread). Trained in TMA when I was younger and have been in some form of martial arts training for about 29 years. Wasted alot of my talent when I was young and now trying to get some more fights before I go back to instructing. I also teach Police tactics to agencies.

I wouldn't say that was an ass kicking. Shoot, after not being in there for 9 years, that was ok. That first knee really messed you up. Keep it up man. I hope to one day be where you are.

Dude that was actually pretty awesome. What's your BJJ rank? Props for putting it on the line.

Congrats for stepping in the ring. I didnt know romania does any cage fights, hopefully some prospects come out of there.

How is it going Tudor. I had a great time over there. Yeah I am pissed about the way I fought. That is why I posted it here so that I can remember it everytime I train.

Codemonkey I herd that you are a pro fighter (I do not know if that is true but lets both get the tag then). I will PM the mod for the title. Thanks.

haha.... i am definately NOT a pro fighter... i just apparently look like Matt Brown.... I tried boxing once and wussed out when i realised that i don't like getting punched in the face.... I am a jiu-jitsu only guy.

Back