MW's who I believe would beat Adesanya

I don't know if you're aware of this, but Adesanya has had fights since then against guys much better than Vettori, who had zero success lay-n0praying him.

Not saying the he'd beat Romero, Weidman or Jacare, but I don't know what the fuck Vettori has to do with anything after the guy beat three top ten opponents.

Oh, and Rockhold is done at MW. He's mentioned in every recent interview how glad that he is that he doesn't have to cut to 185 anymore. Why are people talking about him fight Izzy?

1. Aware of it. I was talking about him vs top wrestlers. Brunson, Silva and Gas are not top wrestlers, or at least not as good as Weidman, Rockhold and Romero. Or Jacare with his BJJ.

2. I mentioned Vettori because Vettori took him down easily and it was worthy of mentioning because I was debating how Adesanya would do against better wrestlers.. 3 top guys? I wouldn't mention Silva. I know he is ranked, but come on. He is 2-5 in his last 7 fights, including that NC against WW Diaz and a very shady decision vs Brunson.

3. Just hypothetically speaking. People were talking about DC/Jones/Gus vs Romero, even though Romero didn't express any desire to move to LHW. Or about Adesanya vs Jones.

Not shitting on the guy, he deserves to be interim, he has a good chance at beating Whittaker and he has great striking, one of the best in UFC. Still, his competition was pretty weak until now. Just like Khabib, he never faced a top wrestler.

1. Aware of it. I was talking about him vs top wrestlers. Brunson, Silva and Gas are not top wrestlers,

Stop right there. They're not in the same ballpark as Weidman or Romero, but they are a fuck of a lot better than Vettori.

If that fight were indicative of anything, Adesanya would have lost to Tavares, Gastelum and Brunson.

He improved since then. Doesn't mean that he'd stuff Romero, but pretending that he's still the guy from the Vettori fight is silly.

Seriously, based on the Matt Brown fight, Wonderboy should have been wrestlefucked into oblivion by Hendricks, Rory and Woodley. See how fucking silly this logic is?

Stop right there. They're not in the same ballpark as Weidman or Romero, but they are a fuck of a lot better than Vettori.

If that fight were indicative of anything, Adesanya would have lost to Tavares, Gastelum and Brunson.

He improved since then. Doesn't mean that he'd stuff Romero, but pretending that he's still the guy from the Vettori fight is silly.

Seriously, based on the Matt Brown fight, Wonderboy should have been wrestlefucked into oblivion by Hendricks, Rory and Woodley. See how fucking silly this logic is?

I agree with you logic, even though Wboy had 4 years between the Matt fight and the Hendricks fight.
Adesanya fought Vettori last year.

And yeah, Gas might be a better wrestler than Vettori, I don't disagree with this.

In the end, we both believe (I think) that Rockhold (hypothetically), Weidman and Romero would have a good chance at beating Adesanya. And also, Adesanya would have a good chance at beating them.
And people who sleep on Weidman because he is 1-4 and think he doesn't stand a chance are wrong. The man still got it and he showed some improved boxing in the Jacare fight.

I have 3 that I'd bet money on.....and [ 2] if they incorporated the right game plan ...and [ 2] wild cards.
Tier 1
Gegard
Yoel
Robert

Tier 2[ game plan - bjj/wrestling]
Chris
Souza(timing becoming issue)

Those 5 , I'd bet money on.

Wild cards- Costa, Lovato jr.
wouldn't bet but wouldn't be surprised.

Luke is at 205 now but his chin makes him a total " ???"

Weidman and Romero are his only problems in the division right now.

First off- I wouldn't pick ANYONE at MW to run through this list undefeated. Anyone hear can beat most anyone else on a good night, it is a stacked division. But I think Israel and Rob and Yoel would do the best. If the entire top five/7 all fought everyone else in the top these guys would finish 1-3 in my opinion.

Yoel is dangerous to everyone at MW but can he make championship weight?

Jacare would get lit up like a Christmas tree. And I like Jacare but if you can't see he is not the same killer he was a few year back you should look again.

Rockhold is going to 205 and he has defense/chin issues, if he doesn't get the fight to the ground he gets KOed by Izzy.

Whittaker- great fight. May the best man win. Looking forward to it.

Costa- he is the new Vitor. Juiced to the gills and dangerous for one round. He will lose to Yoel if they fight, Yoel has excellent defense and knows how to pace himself.

Weidman- gets lit up. He isn't the same killer anymore, he is slow and hittable, his only chance against Izzy is getting it to the ground which Israel will be expecting.

maxresdefault.jpg

134_Ronaldo_Souza_vs_Vitor_Belfort.0.0.jpg

890726332.jpg.0.jpg

robert-whittaker-rising-to-the-top-interview-melbourne-112416_613229_OpenGraphImage.jpg

Paulo-Costa-640x464.jpg

Chris-Weidman.jpg

Possibly some others as well.

Not a hater, you might disagree with which hypothetical matchups he can win, but I just dont understand how this guy is walking around with a 185 lb belt without having to go through ANY of these guys??

He got to a title shot with wins over Derek Brunson and a 29-28 decision over a 45 year old Anderson Silva.
<{vega}>

And Kelvin came pretty damn close did he not?

Anyway, my point isn't so much whether he would beat them or not, but how the hell do you get a MW title without fighting even one of those guys?

i think gegard would destroy him

the chris gets smashed
luke no longer at MW

Yoel and Eraser have USADA problems
jacare gets KO
bobby knuckles gets KO also
100% agree with Gegard and his furthered evolution since 5 years ago (jacare 2) and at 33 now - in prime- best version and shows no mma mileage over his 46-6 record over 15 + years of fighting.
Mmas paradox.
I think if Chris s knucklehead coaches start reminding him of his wrestling/bjj base, he could win.
Jacare could also implement proper game plan but his age becoming an issue.

If I had to bet, I'd wager on knuckles as well.

Last edited:
I don't have full confidence that any of those guys would beat him but at this point I'd favor most of them. Adedanya looked great against Brunson and didn't look too bad against Gastelum either, he's also still improving. I really like his chances against Costa and I think the Whittaker fight will be a war. Worst case scenario against any of those fighters would be rockhold taking him down, Rockhold's top game is scary.

Its well past time people accept Romero is not a MW and move on. Its been years since he's had a legit MW fight.

I feel like I'm the only person with this sentiment but I'd love to see Adesanya take on GSP at MW, battle of styles type fight.

Back