Opinion Must Watch Video : Christian Fascist Mega-Church Leaders Declare Nation Must be ruled by God.

I got as far as "we the church are gods governing body on the earth" then noped out.

I'm no theologian, but that doesn't sound right. @gremins could you shed some light on that? Definitely not a call out, but rather I know you're knowledge I that area. Regardless, an earthly policing and enforcement body doesn't sound like something Jesus would approve of.

Christian style Sharia? No thanks.
Y'all Qaeda.

Who was running the trials? How long do you suppose they were empowered to do that kind of stuff? I'm merely pointing out the inaccuracy of your statement. I leave how to interpret that to you and the person you were having the discussion with. I don't care if you deem it entirely irrelevant to the point you were making, just that it wasn't true. They don't call me Captain PandemicPedantic for nothing.

Have a nice day.
The trails on the inquisition were run by the church. The same people that were appointed by the monarchs.
Also all the justice was served by the secular govts aka punishments were done by the government

basically the inquisition was done at the behest of the govt by the church and was enforced by the govt not the church

There is no great good. 32 years nothing hss been done and its getting worse the divide grows. By your logic another 30 years of chaos and disorder couls go by and nothing improves. Where as with divorce people go their separate ways and find their own path.

This idea of keeping a failing ineffective union together that sees neither side get what they want is just delusional.

Nobody gets what they want mostly due to corporations buying your politicians, media and expert classes to work in their interests and against yours. Separation would solve nothing if the same corporate interests are still bribing your institutions to screw you over. I believe the working class and poor stand a better chance against them together than we do separately; if only they weren't intentionally dividing us by constantly harping on irrelevant culture war garbage. The division is their intention, it makes us easier to exploit. When we develop class solidarity and learn to choose our own paths in life without trying to force our lifestyles on others, we will all be much better off.

The trails on the inquisition were run by the church. The same people that were appointed by the monarchs.
Also all the justice was served by the secular govts aka punishments were done by the government

basically the inquisition was done at the behest of the govt by the church and was enforced by the govt not the church
<YeahOKJen>

Nobody gets what they want mostly due to corporations buying your politicians, media and expert classes to work in their interests and against yours. Separation would solve nothing if the same corporate interests are still bribing your institutions to screw you over. I believe the working class and poor stand a better chance against them together than we do separately; if only they weren't intentionally dividing us by constantly harping on irrelevant culture war garbage. The division is their intention, it makes us easier to exploit. When we develop class solidarity and learn to choose our own paths in life without trying to force our lifestyles on others, we will all be much better off.

Dont care I want peaceful divorce

Dont care I want peaceful divorce

1) Secession would almost certainly not happen peacefully, as evidenced by history.

2) It would not solve anything without directly challenging the power structures and incentive systems that both make it possible and encourage the wealthy to misinform, divide and exploit the rest of society.

1) Secession would almost certainly not happen peacefully, as evidenced by history.

2) It would not solve anything without directly challenging the power structures and incentive systems that both make it possible and encourage the wealthy to misinform, divide and exploit the rest of society.

You are wrong it can be peaceful so many have been in history.

You are wrong it can be peaceful so many have been in history.

How many in the united states?

The ruling class would never allow it to happen. Having a populace that won't put their petty differences aside is what gives them the ability to rule us so easily. They would never allow us to split the populace into areas of agreement where we could concentrate our power. I still think we are better off putting working class interests first, forgetting about meaningless culture war garbage and concentrating our power as a nation with larger numbers and more unity on the issues that actually matter.

That said, the powers that be will not allow secession as it would be too radical a change. The never changing status quo is how they concentrate wealth and power. Any attempt at secession would be met with brutal military and police action.

How many in the united states?

The ruling class would never allow it to happen. Having a populace that won't put their petty differences aside is what gives them the ability to rule us so easily. They would never allow us to split the populace into areas of agreement where we could concentrate our power. I still think we are better off putting working class interests first, forgetting about meaningless culture war garbage and concentrating our power as a nation with larger numbers and more unity on the issues that actually matter.

That said, the powers that be will not allow secession as it would be too radical a change. The never changing status quo is how they concentrate wealth and power. Any attempt at secession would be met with brutal military and police action.

Must break from the matrix. The "wont happen" and "elites wont allow" mentality is exactly what they want you to think

That’s why arguing with you is pointless. You don’t know what you’re talking about and go “LALALALA NOT LISTENING!!” Immediately
LMAO it was an off-hand comment about a side discussion barely connected to the thread topic. Cry some more. Better yet, you could post something relevant to the topic rather than abstruse commentary on the Catholic Church.

I love how you say arguing with me is pointless. I agree--you can search your post history as easily as I can to see the number of times I have pointed out that a post of yours is constructed with piles of dung.

LMAO it was an off-hand comment about a side discussion barely connected to the thread topic. Cry some more. Better yet, you could post something relevant to the topic rather than abstruse commentary on the Catholic Church.

I love how you say arguing with me is pointless. I agree--you can search your post history as easily as I can to see the number of times I have pointed out that a post of yours is constructed with piles of dung.
The reformation by diramaid macculloch page 61
Indeed it is possible to talk of an Iberian reformation before the reformation: well in advance of the general Protestant reformation in Europe, Spain had tackled many of the structural abuses which elsewhere gave Protestant reformers much ammunition against the old church. The energy of this reformation was not merely homegrown it was promoted by the monarchy which increasingly excluded any real possibility of interference in the church from the pope. A series of concessions by the Papacita loud the crown to appoint bishops and by 1603rd or more of the yearly income of a Christian church disappeared into the world treasury.

The chief agent of this royal program in the church was Francisco Cisneros A Castillion who gave up a distinguished career in the church administration to join one of the most rigorous religious orders the observant Franciscans. He became a confessor to Queen Isabella in 1492 he found him self in the highest offices in the church. He use his unequal opportunities for action Energetically and Waze which do not seem entirely consistent but wish to some of the main themes of the Spanish religious revolution over which Fernando and Isabel presided. He ruthlessly promoted the agenda by his own observing Franciscans among the more relaxed Farris provoking much opposition. And he spent money lavishly as a major patron in the most advanced scholarship of his day Founding universities and printing a great number of books. At the same time promoting scholarly research he was also responsible for burning thousands of non-Christian books in the Scripps as he was essential to work of the Spanish Inquisition.
Francisco basically went into the inquisition at the bedsheet of the monarchy which in Spain was playing off the militant nobility that was refocusing it’s energies after conquering Spain back from the moors.
Basically the Spanish Inquisition free from the militant and paranoid ideas from the nobility and with apportioned priests, the monarchy went after suspected fifth columnists.

The reformation by diramaid macculloch page 61
Indeed it is possible to talk of an Iberian reformation before the reformation: well in advance of the general Protestant reformation in Europe, Spain had tackled many of the structural abuses which elsewhere gave Protestant reformers much ammunition against the old church. The energy of this reformation was not merely homegrown it was promoted by the monarchy which increasingly excluded any real possibility of interference in the church from the pope. A series of concessions by the Papacita loud the crown to appoint bishops and by 1603rd or more of the yearly income of a Christian church disappeared into the world treasury.

The chief agent of this royal program in the church was Francisco Cisneros A Castillion who gave up a distinguished career in the church administration to join one of the most rigorous religious orders the observant Franciscans. He became a confessor to Queen Isabella in 1492 he found him self in the highest offices in the church. He use his unequal opportunities for action Energetically and Waze which do not seem entirely consistent but wish to some of the main themes of the Spanish religious revolution over which Fernando and Isabel presided. He ruthlessly promoted the agenda by his own observing Franciscans among the more relaxed Farris provoking much opposition. And he spent money lavishly as a major patron in the most advanced scholarship of his day Founding universities and printing a great number of books. At the same time promoting scholarly research he was also responsible for burning thousands of non-Christian books in the Scripps as he was essential to work of the Spanish Inquisition.
Francisco basically went into the inquisition at the bedsheet of the monarchy which in Spain was playing off the militant nobility that was refocusing it’s energies after conquering Spain back from the moors.
Basically the Spanish Inquisition free from the militant and paranoid ideas from the nobility and with apportioned priests, the monarchy went after suspected fifth columnists.
<Huh2>
That's a strangely long way of saying you have nothing to contribute to the thread topic while nothing at all would have said it better.

<Huh2>
That's a strangely long way of saying you have nothing to contribute to the thread topic while nothing at all would have said it better.
The is for not being capable of any arguments at all. Well done. Your ignorance is duly and throughly noted. Go back to twitter, there they are ok with people arguing what they don’t know

Absolutely reprehensible behaviour. I can't wait for that generation to die out.
That generation will never truly die out as long as religion exists. Old nuns will be replaced by new nuns who are equally bigoted in the name of the lord.

Its getting better, but the holy books contain so much bigotry its basicly impossible for it to not sneak in to peoples minds if you cherish said book.

That generation will never truly die out as long as religion exists. Old nuns will be replaced by new nuns who are equally bigoted in the name of the lord.

Its getting better, but the holy books contain so much bigotry its basicly impossible for it to not sneak in to peoples minds if you cherish said book.
It is definitely getting better. People have more access to information and different opinions than ever before. Your average 70 year old nun of today is far less bigoted than your average 70 year old nun from the 1920's.

Some people will of course still be stuck in ignorance and bigotry, but I don't think we can get to a place that is completely without those people.

Yes and let's remember that the church was the bleeding heart libs in this scenario- they took over the process because the secular trials for blasphemy and the like were getting out of hand and were leading to many false convictions. I think the Inquisition acquitted something like 90% of defendants brought before it in Spain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back