Muscle Milk and burning fat?

SteveX

Nobody F*cks Wit Da Jesus
@Black
Reaction score
I was doing some research into Muscle Milk after reading so many good things about it on the boards. I came across this page on cytosport.com
http://www.cytosport.com/products/musclemilk.html

On the top in the yellow letters it says: "Muscle Milk is an "evolutionary" muscle formula promoting efficient fat burning, lean muscle growth and fast recovery from exercise. Metabolically favorable ingredients stimulate growth and recovery in a similar manner to mother's milk nourishing a baby."

Now the part I am really interested in is the promotion of efficient fat burning. Does MM help you burn fat or are you just burning fat because of the workout. It seems like they mean the MM helps burn fat, but sicne cytosport is trying to sell it maybe they are saying it to help edge people onto buying it (not saying they are lieing...sp?). My question is if MM really does promote efficient fat burning, is it significant or is it just there to give people more of a reason to invest? Either way I am going to try it out, but if it is effective in burning fat then it is a bonus because I am trying to burn some.

Also, what do you mix it with, milk or water? Probably has been answered but I can't seem to find a straight answer.
Thanks

I would like to hear some input on this also if anyone knows.

As far as mixing it I like to mix it with low fat milk. It tases "ok" with water but it's alot better with milk...Im real picky about shakes though.

thanks for the help TJS, I'll probably try it both just to compare tastes.

Muscle Milk's statement regarding fat-burning has to do with the presence of good fats, good fats included in a person's eating regimen tend to have positivi effects on metabolic function.

Oh, that answers my question. Thanks a lot for the help. One more question I thought of over night...on my off days I do some bodyweight excercise (pushups, pullups, abs) should I use MM on those days as well or is it just a waste? I was thinking of just drinking a regular whey shake on those days since training isn't as intense and I thought a simple whey shake would do the trick, but if Muscle Milk will help out there (w/o being a wast of MM and money) I might use it

You can drink it anytime. I've seen it used for multiple purposes, just be mindfull if your calories in versus calories out and you should be fine.

ok, I'll remember that, thanks a lot for your help Kabuki

I like it to gain. I'll take it on a good eating plan with good workouts and still gain fat around my stomach. Think it's just my gene's. One of my friends is naturally cut as shit and only gains muscle from it and eats loads of crap like taco bell every day.

I'm not to sure about the technical information behind the "lean lipid" "phenominon", but I can tell you that since I've been downing muslce milk for the last two weeks and I've lost a considerable amount of weight and what not. At first I was skeptical of the high fat count but now I am a Muscle Milk devote

Brand Nizzle said:
I'm not to sure about the technical information behind the "lean lipid" "phenominon", but I can tell you that since I've been downing muslce milk for the last two weeks and I've lost a considerable amount of weight and what not. At first I was skeptical of the high fat count but now I am a Muscle Milk devote

sounds good, can't wait to get my delivery

good old whey + dextrose PWO has never failed me. the mixing of fats and carbs turns me off ot muscle milk, especially if you are cutting.

good old whey + dextrose PWO has never failed me. the mixing of fats and carbs turns me off ot muscle milk, especially if you are cutting.

They would not affect cutting at all unless you overdo the dosage.

If youre interested in a protein that fosters fat loss may I humbly suggest VPX micellean bioactive superfood. I've tried MM as well as the VPX and can honestly say they are both great products. They both taste great and mix relatively easily in shaker- or you can get the MM's ready to drink but they are expensive. I usually alternate between these two depending on which is cheaper and to get variety

Back