Munoz coach: "Machida fight is rung on ladder to Weidman rematch or Anderson fight"

jj manchester

Internets. Serious Business.
@Brown
Reaction score
what say you, doggers? Does Munoz get a shot out of this one if he wins?

Machidas coach Rafael Cordeiro was saying the other day that he expects a shot for his guy to... maybe the coaches know something we dont?

i cant see munoz ever beating anderson or weidman

This is a fight where I want both to win. I think it will end in KO. I'm not to interested in seeing a rematch with Weidman so I'd like to see Machida take this. Either way good luck to both men.

If Munoz beats Machida, I think he should get a title shot. But I don't think he can beat any of them to be honest.

Munoz is a decent fighter, but Machida is all wrong for him.

ithink the dragon wins but mark cant beat the spider

Coaches seem to say stuff like this all the time, and it makes sense why. Machida is a peculiar opponent for Munoz's coach to look past though. Looks like a perfect storm of "needs to get a take-down" + "notable for being EXTREMELY hard to take down" to me. I'm a fan of both guys, but this very much looks like bad news for Munoz.

Machida-Bader-KO_medium.gif

tumblr_metxt2Gqti1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I wonder who Cordeiro is going to root for? I mean both men are his fighters and both have worked hard in the Gym under him.

It'll be weird but it looks like he is down with whatever and is going to push whomever the winner is to a title shot.

If he gets passed Machida, why not? People have come back from one sided beatings to winning the rematch before. Though, his odds probably aren't very favourable.

Nothing wrong with being ambitious. if he beats Machida he should fight winner of silva/weidman

Munoz seems like an awesome dude, but I dont think he has shown the tools to beat someone like Machida. If he does, then maybe he does deserve a huge fight

If he beats Machida he deserves a rematch.

The way he beat Boetch was a statement. I dont think anyone really thinks he can win this fight against Lyoto.. but if he does, give the man his shot.

If he keeps Machida from running the around ring and can get a few takedowns. Don't see why he couldn't beat Machida.

If he beats Machida he deserves a rematch.

The way he beat Boetch was a statement. I dont think anyone really thinks he can win this fight against Lyoto.. but if he does, give the man his shot.

yea, but the way Weid,am owned him was also a statement... a big one, till weidman KTFO Anderson.

The only way Machida loses this fight if he gets screwed by the judges like in his previous fight.

machida should wreck munoz by round 2. munoz is very unlucky that bisping got the pink eye

Back