Munguia vs Jessie Vargas (September) being discussed for Dazn

This is a good competitive fight. I hope it gets made instead of Munguia/GGG. GGG should probably fight Derevyanchenko next and get a title at 160.

Vargas might be a better boxer but there will be a power and durability difference that will work against him. Kind of like the Smith fight.

If Munguia stays at Lmw he owes Hogan a rematch next, but it looks almost certain he’s moving up.

Good fight? Yea, no. Vargas is going to get his shit kicked in. Mungia is a big LMW and Vargas is a small Welter.

Last edited:
Munguia by ko

Vargas has not looked good in any of his last fights.....

Poor Vargas. Do people forget he was a 140 pounder. This will not go well. Mungia - as flawed as he is - is too big.

Did they give Mungia a $50 million five fight deal yet?

I think Vargas can surprise us, he's looked subpar in his last few but he's got good enough boxing chops and mobility that he can beat Munguia in a spoiler. I'm not sold on Munguia's power; he has to telegraph and wing his shots to hurt guys, in his last couple of fights he hasn't been allowed to wind up like he usually does and unsurprisingly got taken the distance both times by less than mediocre opposition. Once you get past the power he really has nothing else to fall back on. Add that to the fact that calling his ring IQ dogshit would be considered generous and I think he's got a recipe for losing his 0.

Jessie has always been at best a B/B+ level guy, but Munguia is just a big C+ level fighter with retard strength. IMO Jessie's amateur pedigree should shine through here.

It's all on Vargas. Not a bad fight if Jessie shows up in great shape.

I wonder what will happen to Munguia first : getting his ears boxed off, or his jaw broken as he keeps his mouth wide open from round 1.

honestly, this is good, since it is/was a shit fight.

But yea, DAZN is all over the place. Maybe they are banking on their German Darts Championship coverage to outsell their boxing.
Or possibly the track cycling. But seriously, my renewal date is coming up and I’m undecided. They’ve had trouble putting together big fights recently, and now they can’t even manage to make these small ones.

Back