Mundials Experience!

daninnashville

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just got back from the Worlds in Long Beach. All I can say it was an unforgettable experience. I fought in the Masters White Belt Medium Heavy Division. I lost my first match with about 20 seconds to go. Pretty even all the way through and then the guy was able to sweep me and set up a quick collar choke from the mount. I keep feeling like I should be sad that I lost but I'm so excited to have been there and met some incredibly cool people including Saulo Riberio (sp?), Robert Drysdale...who actually coached my teammates and a whole bunch of really nice guys from schools all over the world.

Funny thing is I had to fly back early due to family obligations but while I was on the plane this afternoon all I could think about was how happy I was to be there and how I can't wait to go back again. It was my fifth tournament overall and I'm a three stripe white belt. If you ever have the chance to go...do it! You won't regret the experience.

It was my first time cutting weight and performing on a stage that big. I'm taking home a lot of positives from the experience and feel really good about the whole thing despite losing. And funny enough...I also have a great idea of the things I have to work on. It was so much fun!

To all who are competing this weekend...best of luck!

Dan

There's nothing like competition...the adrenaline, the nervous calm you get. It's awesome. Before you step onto the mat you're shitting yourself, stomach churning, and then you get there and your head is silent, you hear your heartbeat, and then it's on.

win or lose, there's nothing like it.

That's terrific!

Btw, do you know my buddy Cris Torres who I think trains at Nashville MMA?

it is addicting, I led in points the whole match and he caught me with a triangle with 30secs to go. I was happy, the guy had been doing it a while and even took first in feather whitebelt at grapplers quest. Good times. All I can think about is when can I compete again, I don't care if I loose, competition is awesome.

I'm so jealous!!! I wish I could go to the pan-ams or the worlds sometime. Glad you had a good time there!

Man, good for you. I haven't fought in almost two months and I'm getting tha itch.

This year I couldn't afford to go to the Mundials.

But I'll fight in the Master Worlds and the Rio International though.

So much fun. I wish I could've stayed for the finals. I'll be back in the gym after a weekend of relaxing. :)

It is always a great experience that everyone should go through at one point or another.

Back