• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mullarkey With 2 of The Worst Decisions In Recent Memory

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The Australian Leonard Garcia
Screenshot_20231205_104238_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231205_104141_Chrome.jpg
28-6 combined against Mullarkey via media scores. As well as an average of 83% for his opponents via fan opinion.

Will he do it again against decision-machine Haqparast this weekend?

Can’t remember the fight, probably a bullshit decision so I won’t argue that.

I like that Mullarkey comes to fight! He might have gone to decision a few times but he’s swanging and banging in there! Often eating some heavy shots himself.. Tough dude.

I don't really care for this guy bit he had awesome fights against Johnson and Riddell (wtf happened to him?)

I don't really care for this guy bit he had awesome fights against Johnson and Riddell (wtf happened to him?)
Riddell was around for years and had a similar pre UFC career to Izzy with a heap of fights. He is still around but mostly just training and helping prep other fighters. Similar to Izzy taking some time off, Brad did it earlier after he lost those couple fights in a row.

Amazing striker, but it's got to be exhausting transitioning to MMA and having everyone try and wrestle you all the time.

Mullarkey will never be the champ but he can pad out some decent bonuses like Hooker but in the level below.
He seems to bank two close rounds and then hold on for the decision if the finish doesn't happen. A lot of the close fights he is in should probably be draws, but he is getting the rounds scored his way from aggression and getting the benefit of the judges awarding for perceived effective striking., even if on rewatch he isn't landing cleanly.

If we’re being honest, dudes only on the roster because of his passport. Aussie talent is so scarce that they gotta keep jobbers like him on the roster.

I thought he clearly lost both of those fights.

Those decisions weren't bad.

Him and MJ were even and then they both got knockdowns in the round that decided it, but Mullarky's was better and he had more follow up shots.

Hey, pipe down with the sailor talk there feller!!

This is a respectable establishment and we can't be having riff raffs and hoodlums starting shenanigans and tomfoolery.
whyyyy iiii ouugghhtttaaa

get outside, ya no-good whipper snapper! im gonna whip your keister and send you to the Kaiser!

If we’re being honest, dudes only on the roster because of his passport. Aussie talent is so scarce that they gotta keep jobbers like him on the roster.

I thought he clearly lost both of those fights.

I'm calling Malarkey on this. It is true that particularly bad jobbers from certain countries survive longer than others.

But thanks to these BS decisions he has a winning record, two FOTN bonuses + another performance bonus, and 2/3rds of his UFC fights have been outside Australia. And now his next fight is also outside Australia.

U Fight Cheap is built on jobbers. Having two FOTNs is likely going to keep you on that roster longer than some other jobbers, regardless of which passport you have. The evidence doesn't stack up that he is a local card filler. He is just a general card filler.

Him and MJ were even and then they both got knockdowns in the round that decided it, but Mullarky's was better and he had more follow up shots.

MJs knockdown was levels better lol. He was also clearly winning the round before the knockdowns, but judges have gnat brains and only score the last 30 seconds of rounds.

Close fights where we all know the winner wasn’t Malarkey, but judges love guys that push forward and eat 3 shots to land 1.

TS was right, it’s the Australian Leonard Garcia effect.

No time for dilly dally. This has been a swell argument chaps but let's get to the fisticuffs already.

whyyyy iiii ouugghhtttaaa

get outside, ya no-good whipper snapper! im gonna whip your keister and send you to the Kaiser!
Who ya calling a whipper snapper sonny boy?! I probably have socks older than you!

Don't make me come down there and whoop yer tookus!!

Screenshot_20231206_163248_Google.jpg

Wait for it

Mullarkeys eyebrows are still loading

MJs knockdown was levels better lol. He was also clearly winning the round before the knockdowns, but judges have gnat brains and only score the last 30 seconds of rounds.

Close fights where we all know the winner wasn’t Malarkey, but judges love guys that push forward and eat 3 shots to land 1.

TS was right, it’s the Australian Leonard Garcia effect.

Maybe I have it the wrong way around.

I remember watching it, scoring it for one of them just barely, then re-watching a few days later and scoring it the other way.

Looking at it again, yeh, it looks like MJ's knockdown sequence was a bit better.

Yeah, I was going to say, I remember the MJ fight being pretty dead even and I wasn't mad about the decision at all.

Mullarkey almost always lands more shots, but he's just not that good and tends to use pressure as his main form of defence.

His fights are quite fun, but he's probably going to get out-worked by Nasrat, which is crazy considering that's Mullarkey's most dependable path to victory.

Nasrat's absolute inability to finish fights is frustrating, though.

Riddell was around for years and had a similar pre UFC career to Izzy with a heap of fights. He is still around but mostly just training and helping prep other fighters. Similar to Izzy taking some time off, Brad did it earlier after he lost those couple fights in a row.

Amazing striker, but it's got to be exhausting transitioning to MMA and having everyone try and wrestle you all the time.

Mullarkey will never be the champ but he can pad out some decent bonuses like Hooker but in the level below.
He seems to bank two close rounds and then hold on for the decision if the finish doesn't happen. A lot of the close fights he is in should probably be draws, but he is getting the rounds scored his way from aggression and getting the benefit of the judges awarding for perceived effective striking., even if on rewatch he isn't landing cleanly.
I was really hoping that Riddell's career wozld take off more, especially after that banger against Dober

But he ain't done yet right?

Back