muay thai versus kyokushin videos?

Marvin Covar

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
i was wondering, since there's all ths debate about which of the two striking arts are better, if there were any videos featuring the two arts in a match.

meng_mao said:
There was an event that had Kyokushin fighters Vs Thai fighters in K1. I think it was under Kyokushin rules though but needless to say the Kyokushin guys dominated the event.

I think it was always one fight Kyokushin rules and one fight K1 rules.

I remember one of the pro fighters on here posted a highlight of him winning a fight with a Kyokushin guy (he's a muay Thai guy).

I would keep in mind that generally the outcome of a fight says a lot about the skill of the two fighters and nothing about the actual arts they practice.

There have been Kyokushin v K1 fights under K-1 rules as well.

I should point out that both finalists in K-1 this year, Schildt and Feitosa, are Kyokushin guys (well, Schildt is technically Ashihara, which is just a spin-off of Kyokushin).

If you want to go old school there's this OLD video called "Fighting Black Kings." It's a HILARIOUS watch because first it shows Japanese Kyokushin guys doing CRAZY shit. Busting stacks of roofing tiles with their heads, baseball bats on the shins, a guy breaks a bottle free-standing upside down with a kick (the bottle has no support, he just kicks it so hard and fast it shatters), a guy busts like a whole wall of ice blocks with a stomp, and some dude finger-jabs a fucking water-melon that someone tosses in the air and bursts it. Then, as if it couldn't get any better than that, some dude runs across a field and does a flying sidekick, over a moving car. And they slow-mo it for you.

Now, what all this shit leads up to is a Kyokushin Tournament where they invited guys from all over the World and some practitioners of other Arts. The guys they had from Hong Kong that were "Gung Fu" guys were like the worst bunch of sissies I've ever seen in my life. But, contrary to that one of the Thai boxers they had was Somchai, who was a legit Muay Thai Champion and he made it pretty far, kicking the shit out of a lot of Kyokushin guys along the way. He's fucking crazy, too...had that serial-killer smile on his face the whole time, and was decimating guys with his kicks.

Ultimately Japan won but a couple guys from America made it pretty far. But this video is HEAVILY Japan-biased. Japan got to have 8 fighters in the tournament where every other Country only had 4, so they had the odds of winning the whole shindig double in their favor, and the guys they had were hardcore by comparison. But it's loads of fun and the tournament has plenty hilarious knockouts. One guy has this insanely wide stance and gets kicked right in the hamstring, proceeds to get up and his leg gives out and you see him just fall over like a chopped-down tree with a look of confusion on his face.

Fighting Black Kings was a cool video I watched it about a month ago. Those guys do some crazy training though thats for sure.

Yeah, and you gotta love the constant tournament interruptions to have guys carried out by Medical Staff. lol That's as good a tournament as I've ever seen (considering the heavy Japan-bias) and it's fucking 1976. Back when men were men and if your teacher didn't physically torture you well then your school sucks.

It really was a good tournament especially considering how dated it is. Some of those guys being carried out looked like they were in some serious pain. I remember one of those Kung-Fu guys took a body shot and looked like he was completely paralysed.

Let's call them Hong Kong guys. lol Calling them Kung Fu guys is like calling Tank Abbot a Boxer. That dude you're talking about if I remember correctly was TINY, and spent the whole fight with a look of sheer terror on his face. Plus I'm convinced the ONLY reason they had those dinks up there is because they wanted Karate to look superior to Gung Fu in every way possible. Everyone wore Gi's INCLUDING the Thai fighters EXCEPT the Gung Fu guys, whose outfits bore a HAUNTING resemblance to Bruce Lee's traditional Chinese clothing of choice. I think it was Karate's way of saying "this is what would happen to anyone who thinks Kung Fu is better than Karate." Which is in and of itself totally hilarious. If those guys were serious and legit Gung Fu practitioners then I'm the Senator of Florida.

King Kabuki said:
If those guys were serious and legit Gung Fu practitioners then I'm the Senator of Florida.
Omg wtf Florida has two senators n00b!

Seriously though, where can I get this tape?

Hey I could defend myself by saying the use of "the" Senator was only done to further qualify the ridiculousness of the notion inherent in the comparison.

You can get it practically anywhere, but just Google "Fighting Black Kings"...because it's vintage it's a bit pricey.

Thats true Kabuki we can just call them China guys. The narrator even said that their style is more for show that actual fighting.

There was a Sanda vs. Kyokushin event under Sanda rules. Royama's group got trampled by Liu Hailong and the gang.

King Kabuki said:
If you want to go old school there's this OLD video called "Fighting Black Kings." It's a HILARIOUS watch because first it shows Japanese Kyokushin guys doing CRAZY shit. Busting stacks of roofing tiles with their heads, baseball bats on the shins, a guy breaks a bottle free-standing upside down with a kick (the bottle has no support, he just kicks it so hard and fast it shatters), a guy busts like a whole wall of ice blocks with a stomp, and some dude finger-jabs a fucking water-melon that someone tosses in the air and bursts it. Then, as if it couldn't get any better than that, some dude runs across a field and does a flying sidekick, over a moving car. And they slow-mo it for you.

Now, what all this shit leads up to is a Kyokushin Tournament where they invited guys from all over the World and some practitioners of other Arts. The guys they had from Hong Kong that were "Gung Fu" guys were like the worst bunch of sissies I've ever seen in my life. But, contrary to that one of the Thai boxers they had was Somchai, who was a legit Muay Thai Champion and he made it pretty far, kicking the shit out of a lot of Kyokushin guys along the way. He's fucking crazy, too...had that serial-killer smile on his face the whole time, and was decimating guys with his kicks.

Ultimately Japan won but a couple guys from America made it pretty far. But this video is HEAVILY Japan-biased. Japan got to have 8 fighters in the tournament where every other Country only had 4, so they had the odds of winning the whole shindig double in their favor, and the guys they had were hardcore by comparison. But it's loads of fun and the tournament has plenty hilarious knockouts. One guy has this insanely wide stance and gets kicked right in the hamstring, proceeds to get up and his leg gives out and you see him just fall over like a chopped-down tree with a look of confusion on his face.

wait is this the vis where you see a short black dude weighing 135lbs doing fly kicks in the park and you see this British guy walk to his car in England b4 the tournament.

I think it would depend on who hosts the event,what rules and the skill of the fighters. Obviously Sanda fighters are going to beat Muay Thai fighters under Sanda rules in China.

Overall though I think if both fighters train equally hard, Muay Thai will come out of top because of the way they spar and condition themselves.

Back