muay thai stuff

superjatt

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
has anyone used this website before. i plan on buying twins muay thai gloves on it and would like to make sure its legitimate. i live in canada so if anyone from canada specifically who used it can tell me about their experience with it i'd really appreciate it

I ordered my Twins from them, got here in about 4 days. Super fast shipping coming to the states.

Na no charges for here in the states. It was like $42 for the gloves and an additional $20 or so for shipping. Still a great price for them.

I recently ordered a set of twins gloves a couple of days ago. The shipping is about 25 dollars here to Canada. I don't know if there will be any customs charge yet. It shipped on Sept. 10th from Thailand and right now they are in the US, so I hope to get them soon.

That's if it goes direct to Canada from Thailand. Make sure that's the case. I (in Canada too) got some stuff from them years ago and it was quite a bit more than that.

I recently ordered a set of twins gloves a couple of days ago. The shipping is about 25 dollars here to Canada. I don't know if there will be any customs charge yet. It shipped on Sept. 10th from Thailand and right now they are in the US, so I hope to get them soon.

Ahhh. see, this could be a problem. If they ship with UPS from USA to Canada, you can expect a brokerage fee of +/- 30%.

Ahhh. see, this could be a problem. If they ship with UPS from USA to Canada, you can expect a brokerage fee of +/- 30%.

well the options for delivery are
DHL Global Mail Services (7-20 days) 26.21
DHL Express Services (3-5 days) 123.49
UPS Express Services (3-5 days) 109.82

im not in a big rush so i plan on going with the first choice which is DHL and not UPS, anyone know if this would go through america

i ordered from them once about 2 years ago. shipping took forever, i actually forgot i ordered them when they showed up. i didn't have to pay anything extra when they got here. it was actually a pleasant surprise they had marked it as a gift for me.

I ordered from them May. I bought 5 shorts off that site and it took 2 weeks to send it to CA. Shipping was $35.00. I guess their service was ok.

ordered my stuff an hour ago, ill hope for the best, thanks for your advice people

Twins are great gloves. I like them a lot better them some of the Fairtex the guys at my gym use. My buddy also has a pair and I don't mind getting hit with them. What color did you go with?

Ive had good experiences. Shipping might take a while but they let you know that it will so that shouldnt be a surprise. They answer emails very quickly.

Twins are great gloves. I like them a lot better them some of the Fairtex the guys at my gym use. My buddy also has a pair and I don't mind getting hit with them. What color did you go with?

i went with blue, im glad to have a good pair of gloves now, my last pair weren't that great and were starting to crack after a year

Someone else on here (can't remember who it was) just recently (like a month or so ago) bought some Twins BGVL's in white, 16oz, from Muaythai Stuff and said, they received their order in about a week, and were really pleased with it.

Hey, "superjatt" you mean you did not want to go with the $123.00 shipping fee :eek: for faster delivery service? :icon_lol:

Ps. I have heard that the vast majority of the smaller shipments fly under the radar when they pass through customs, so hopefully, you will not get tagged with any additional duty fees.

:icon_chee

Alrite, so I had ordered a pair of muay thai trunks, twins gloves, and anklets and hand wraps in 3 seperate orders. For the trunks I ordered DHL Express because there was only about 4 dollars difference between it and DHL Globalmail. For the anklets and handwraps I ordered DHL Express for the same reason, and for the gloves I ordered DHL Globalmail because I had the same shipping prices you mentioned. I got all of my orders today. They sent the trunks DHL Express as asked and I got tagged with a 15 dollars customs fee. And for the other items, they sent the anklets, handwraps, and gloves together and they sent them by UPS Express lol, and surprisngly that had no customs fee attached!

So, I really have no idea how they decide to tack on a customs charge.

Someone else on here (can't remember who it was) just recently (like a month or so ago) bought some Twins BGVL's in white, 16oz, from Muaythai Stuff and said, they received their order in about a week, and were really pleased with it.

Hey, "Superjatt" you mean you did not want to go with the $123.00 shipping fee :eek: for faster delivery service? :icon_lol:

Ps. I have heard that the vast majority of the smaller shipments fly under the radar when they pass through customs, so hopefully, you will not get tagged with any additional duty fees.

ya i heard about that flying under the radar thing. a while ago i bought a heavy bag and did some research on internet shopping since it was my first purchase. one guy was telling me how he bought thai shorts a few at a time so skip the custom charges and i remember the price being under 100 so im ok.

Ya, let us know how it goes, and post the final cost when it's all said and done. Would be most appreciated.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but personally, I would much rather see our hard earned tax dollars that pay the Customs Inspectors, go toward ensuring that they direct their time and attention to examining shipments looking for terrorism activity, WMD's, bombs, illegal drugs, and tainted food shipments, rather than on assessing duty fees for one pair of muay thai gloves, for decent martial arts practitioners, who enjoy lawfully and willingly punching and kicking each other in their spare time. :icon_lol:

Hey, "superjatt" you mean you did not want to go with the $123.00 shipping fee :eek: for faster delivery service? :icon_lol:

I found the link to the person who just got the same gloves, and ordered from Muaythai Stuff. They did a review for the gloves and shop. Here it is:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/review-16-ounce-twins-specials-1019126/

Back