muay thai soreness

BG1230

Orange Belt
Reaction score
okay so i started training again after a year long layoff.
but my body is pretty sore after training, especially my shoulders and my chest.

any ideas on how to strech this areas?

Just relax your body, take a hot shower or get in a hot tub for a while. You can use boxing linement if you wanted, but this is no different than going and working out with weights for the first time after a long hiatus.

Repetitive but light weights work. This is what is recommended by the medic who works at my brother's rugby team whenever someone has sore shoulders and chest and is out of training.

Repetitive but light weights work. This is what is recommended by the medic who works at my brother's rugby team whenever someone has sore shoulders and chest and is out of training.
thanks man

what i do to stretch out my chest/shoulder/bicep is to grab onto something upright, like a thin pole, extend your arm out backwards and turn your body stretching the shoulder and chest. can change the grip so your palm is facing towards you/away from you to stretch different areas.

essentially it simulates the act of throwing your arms back to stretch out your chest, but doing this you can hold it.

Soreness is normal in an untrained body or after heavy training. Unless is uncomfortable pain I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Yoga has some great stretches for the shoulder/chest area.

The whole arm behind the head stretch has always worked well for when I want to stretch my shoulders.

Back