Muay Thai Schools in Vegas

MultipleSargasm

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I read the sticky regarding the different schools around the world, and I'd like to ask for more in-depth recommendations for Muay Thai schools in the Las Vegas area. The one I've been recommended most is Hardknocks, which I've heard has a good balance of reputation and price. I'm completely new to Muay Thai, and even martial arts in general, so it's not like I need a place that'll train me to win a UFC bout. It's more because I'm a huge fan of Muay Thai as a martial art and more importantly I think it'd be a great/fun way to get in shape and build discipline. But going to a school that has a good rep couldn't hurt :icon_chee
thanks in advance everyone

Go check out Master Toddy's place. He is a thai trainer that has trained many world champions, including Kite Cope, Orlando Weit and Gina Carano. He is also a real down to earth, nice guy.

Here's their website:
MASTER TODDY'S

Go check out Master Toddy's place. He is a thai trainer that has trained many world champions, including Kite Cope, Orlando Weit and Gina Carano. He is also a real down to earth, nice guy.

Here's their website:
MASTER TODDY'S

Thanks, Bluemirage! Master Toddy's facility looks like an ideal place to learn Muay Thai. I'm gonna give 'em a call later on. Thanks again

I'd do a search, this subject has been done a lot, especially regarding Toddy.

Hey everyone. I read the sticky regarding the different schools around the world, and I'd like to ask for more in-depth recommendations for Muay Thai schools in the Las Vegas area. The one I've been recommended most is Hardknocks, which I've heard has a good balance of reputation and price. I'm completely new to Muay Thai, and even martial arts in general, so it's not like I need a place that'll train me to win a UFC bout. It's more because I'm a huge fan of Muay Thai as a martial art and more importantly I think it'd be a great/fun way to get in shape and build discipline. But going to a school that has a good rep couldn't hurt :icon_chee
thanks in advance everyone

Would you seriously wanna learn MT from this guy?

mt3.jpg

thats what i thought. how can you be a world class trainer if you never fought.

In his defense he has trained a bunch of good fighters. He has a weird personality, and is a wanna be actor/celebrity, and some people think he is sleazy, and sells Kru certs, and he for damn sure never been in any fights.

But...a trainers job is to turn out good fighters, and he has done that.

The world is full of great football and baseball coaches who were never great pros and just as full of great former pros who can't coach shit. In MT and MMA guys want trainers with cred as fighters, but whose to say that equals good coaching skills?

But...a trainers job is to turn out good fighters, and he has done that.

Problem is Toddy doesn't "train" his "good" Fighters. Other Thais do who have real credentials, and for shit pay.

Great arguments for and against toddy, guys (including the buffet crack. lol). Much appreciated. Wouldn't hurt to go check out a class or two anyway. But I'm really leaning towards the hardknockskickboxing school. Thanks everyone!

Great arguments for and against toddy, guys (including the buffet crack. lol). Much appreciated. Wouldn't hurt to go check out a class or two anyway. But I'm really leaning towards the hardknockskickboxing school. Thanks everyone!

1-kick Nick's is arguably the best MT School in Vegas, but it's far, at the base of Sunrise Mountain. Unless you're on the East Side, it's an impossible hike to make with gas prices the way they are, unless you're THAT dedicated.

1-kick Nick's is arguably the best MT School in Vegas, but it's far, at the base of Sunrise Mountain. Unless you're on the East Side, it's an impossible hike to make with gas prices the way they are, unless you're THAT dedicated.

Thanks for the heads up on 1-kick Nick's. Will definitely have to visit them. Finally took my first class at HardKnocks. I liked it a lot guys, even if I almost yak'ed from not being able to keep up. haha

Back