Muay Thai glove advice(twins,thaismai,raja)

Williestubz2010

White Belt
Reaction score
I was looking at twins...raja...and thaismai...give me your opinions and if you ccan a reliable site that i can purchase...thanks guys

Last edited:
^ I have purchased gloves and shorts from both of those shops, and received excellent service from both. I have to admit that I like Nine Dragons Martial Arts, because, they have different brands, and excellent prices, fast shipping, and great service.

:icon_chee

Ryukyu, just curious, is the lighter (10oz) pair for competition or for bag/pad work. I know 10 oz gloves are typically for fights but more specifically I want to know if a lighter pair of Boon training gloves would be good for bag work as opposed to bag gloves?
I just received the white 16 oz Boons from NDMA and they are excellent to deal with. I would love to get the brown Boons. Do any of these two sites special order them or do you have to get them from overseas? Thanks for your help!

I use the 10oz lace up Boons for bag work. I hurt my wrist in Thailand, fell on it, so I wanted the extra support. I normally use a pair of Boon bag gloves.

I bought them at the Boon shop in Bangkok.

^^Thanks, Ryukyu!! Would you recommend a site to order from that carries a more extensive line of Boon gear? I know of the two previously mentioned,which are stateside and have the sparring gloves and focus mitts. Mmagearpimp.com which is in Canada definitely has more products but shipping to US is not cheap.(It would be either $24 or $30 depending on carrier.) Would that be cheaper than shipping from an overseas vendor?
I've never ordered from any of the overseas shops and I'm a bit nervous. Btw, I'm asking more about the Boon bag gloves. I appreciate any advice.

just picking up on jaystorms post. i think traditional bag gloves are close to their life time now. ive seen a steady increase of people switching to boxing gloves for bag/pad work. main reason is that they offer better write support and the extra weight helps to build strength and stamina. i have to be honest though its hard to give advice on this one, because the terminology in the US is so mixed up when you guys talk about bag gloves. this is due to big retailers there sending out the wrong information.

Back