Shoop MS PAINT v4 SHOOP CONTEST: UFC 247 & 248! OPEN SIGN UP!!

bigwaverider

✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
For archiving, Round 1 Voting was held in Blue Poll & Red Poll
Link to the Final Round

This thread is now open for general sign ups. We did have an "invite only" sign up for about 36 hours, but now it is open for everybody. You can read about that in the spoiler below if you wish. As of now, anyone that competes in a contest will get access to the early invites for all future Shoop Contests.

Credit to @Myrddin Wild and @Arqueto for their help on this. Mirhalo guys.

************************************************************​

MS Paint Shoop v4 will be a two round event. Round 1 will be for UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes Feb. 8, 2020 (8 days from the start of this OP). The top 20 MS Paints will advance to the Final Round which will be for UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero Mar 7, 2020. Entries will be due 72 hours after main card start time.

The title of the contest is self explanatory. All entries will be done 100% by hand in MS Paint. There will be no animated gifs allowed. Single frame static images only. No storyboard shoops. No templates or external source pictures are to be used in your final shoop. Of course you can use a picture as "reference" only. In other words you can look at a pic of Shadface and draw/paint it in MS Paint. No tracing as we can tell - trust me.

We will take the first 40 people that sign up and then we will take alternates. Alternates have a good chance of still making it in. If you sign-up and have to bow out, give @bigwaverider a courtesy PM so that any alternates can be notified that their spot is open. If you dont do this, it can be used against you in future contests.

******************************* PRIZES *******************************
Thus far we have $90 in prizes and more is incoming!!
$35 @Medulla Omoplata, $25 @bigwaverider, $20 @MacGregor $ @Bjjpitbull8, $5 @JohnMandick

More donations are welcome. We do Amazon eGift codes which can be purchased here. The code should be PM'd to @bigwaverider. Even a $5 donation is awesome. We always need $5 chunks when dividing the prizes, so it will come in handy.

**** If you want to sign up, post your intentions in this thread and tag @bigwaverider. Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not just post a .gif as your intent to sign-up. It will be ignored. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "I want to sign up @bigwaverider" would be a good response. Check the bottom of the OP to make sure you are added to the "Contestant List"!! This is your responsibility to make sure. If you don't see your name in the contestant list and you see contestants being added after you have signed up, then @ tag or quote @bigwaverider in this thread. ****

*Note that all times and dates will be for USA East Coast (EST).

All that sign up will be added to the Sherdog Shoop News PM Group (SDSN). If anyone else want to sign up for the SDSN, click here.

Let the trash talking begin. :D

******************************************************************************************************
THESE ARE THE RULES AS OF RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Note that anything typed above is also part of the rules. You will be getting contestant PM's which will also be part of the rules.

First and foremost, you are responsible for knowing the rules at all times in the OP's of the contests and PM's. No excuses.
• If you want to sign up, post your intentions in this thread and tag @bigwaverider. Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not just post a .gif or image as your intent to sign-up. It will be ignored. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "I want to sign up @bigwaverider" would be a good response.
• Make sure you are entered under the "Contestants" list at the bottom of this post. It's up to you to make sure we have seen your post and that you are entered. This is VERY important. I will reply to every entrant that I see, but please double check that you are on the list.
• If you sign-up and have to bow out, please give @bigwaverider a courtesy PM so that any alternates can be notified that their spot is open. If you dont do this, it can be used against you in future contests.
• Entries will be submitted to @bigwaverider in a P.M. with your Username and “MS Paint V4 R1 Entry” in the title. For example "Bigwaverider MS Paint V4 R1 Entry." Use your name and not mine. If it is not titled like this, I may not see it. Make sure you have the proper Round number in your PM, so use R2 for the 2nd round. Do not submit your entries until after the UFC events are over. I get a lot of PM's and it's best if all the entries are together and titled properly. If it is not titled properly or if it is entered days before the contest it may get lost and overlooked. If you have a compelling reason to enter it early, them PM @bigwaverider and explain. There are always exceptions.
• The deadline for submission will be 72 hours after the respective UFC Card's Main Card start time.
• Voting will start shortly thereafter and last for 3 days.
• You can start early if you want.
• Drawings/paintings must relate to the respective UFC events or build-up.
• MS Paint Drawings only! If you are on a Mac, you can use Paintbrush. Do not use ANY other program besides these two. Trust me, we can tell. If you are on cell or tablet use a compatible program. Be careful because of your results are not totally like MS Paint, you may be DQ'd.
• Your Entry must be 100% drawn in MS Paint FROM SCRATCH. No templates or external sources are to be used. Of course you can use a picture as reference only. In other words you can look at a pic of Shadface and draw/paint it in MS Paint.
• Single frame, static images only.
• No storyboard Shoops. A storyboard is a multi-frame image.
• No re-using old Paints or Paints made by others. This is in part on in whole.
No tracing. Trust me I can tell and will disqualify you.
• One entry per person.
• No vote trolling. You will be banned from further contests including ISL and NGS. This means in no way are you to ask or coerce others into voting for you.
• No threads about specific entrants until after the contest.
Do not post your images anywhere on the internet before or during the contest or you will be disqualified.
• We will determine the winner by combining your total votes from both rounds. Whoever has the most votes wins.
• If you have any questions, ask in this thread or P.M. @bigwaverider. If you think your entry is in any way against the rules, P.M. me so that it can be OK'd.
• Rules and prizes are subject to change.
Contestants: Do not attach your images to Sherdog or they will not be accepted. Use a proper image host. I recommend https://imgbb.com OR https://imgur.com. We do not allow images hosted on Photobucket as they have a user name in the URL.
• Don’t forget to thank those that donated. They believe in you and the scene, so show them some support too.

Contestant List:
01. @Myrddin Wild
02. @Arqueto
03. @in the liver
04. @HughPhug
05. @Sansnom
06. @Iron Skin
07. @Frank McEdgar
08. @JohnMandick
09. @lostdog000
10. @The Clark
11. @Ottawaguy
12. @chill doggie
13. @Clippy
14. @Draxton
15. @true_fan
16. @MacGregor
17. @Slobodan
18. @FrontNakedChoke
19. @Zebra Cheeks
20. @ZOD66
21. @shankmcgank
22. @DanAndroid
23. @Bjjpitbull8
24. @Empty Emp
25. @AleYeah
26. @bigwaverider
27. @dindonker
28. @WouldNotBang
29. @Medulla Omoplata

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS NEW SIGN-UP PROCESS.

THIS THREAD IS FOR "PRE-SIGN UP" FOR MS PAINT V4. RIGHT NOW ONLY INVITEES ARE ALLOWED TO SIGN UP. AFTER A DAY OR SO THIS THREAD WILL BE MOVED TO THE HEAVIES FOR PUBLIC SIGN UPS IF SLOTS ARE AVAILABLE.

Invitees were notified via PM and are in the spoiler at the bottom. If you are not on that list, you cannot sign up right now. If you are reading this and I forgot your name let me know and post a link to the contest you entered.

We are trying something new. Those that actually submitted images into the contests will get first shot at signing up. I went back 3 years and checked every contest to get this list. In the contests, about 20-25% of those that sign up do not submit their images and this is not acceptable. You guys are "known reliable contestants" thus you have first dibs. Hopefully using this method will get us a better turn out. In the future we will start keeping track of those that have signed up and don't submit images. They will be less likely to get first shots at the contests, Even if they sign up, they may be put into alt slots with a chance to move into the contestant list if there are slots available. Credit to @Myrddin Wild and @Arqueto for their help on this.

Last edited:
I would challenge but I am going to be out of town for the first round, sadly. Carry on with out me, and I'll send the voting thread upstairs to have one of our guys put it up on social.

I want to sign up @bigwaverider

giphy.gif

The GOAT of paint is back (me). Choo choo motherfuckers!

choochoomuthafukers.png

gotcha signed up bro. just double check the contestants list. #6. Even though you are the first in this thread, I have some people ahead of you that are on permanent pre-sign.

I would challenge but I am going to be out of town for the first round, sadly. Carry on with out me, and I'll send the voting thread upstairs to have one of our guys put it up on social.

Aww too bad.... what do you think of this pre-sign up? I was tired of a 20-25% no show rate. I think this will increase our chances of having people actually show up.

giphy.gif

#7 Frankster. check the list up there to make sure.

STOP MESSAGING ME!

haha, man I'm high

Sinng me up @bigwaverider

Sorry about yelling like that haha. I had like 4 people PM me to sign up while I was making this thread and I kept getting side tracked. Youa re #4

I want to sign up sir @bigwaverider

giphy.gif

got you in there somewhere near the top.

Last place has just been locked up, fools.... sign me up @bigwaverider.

Hahaha. #9 kind sir.

@chill doggie don't miss out this time

@chill doggie has been tagged in the op, PM'd once in one PM and PM'd in another, tagged by you and now tagged by me. Hope he gets the message. :D

Last edited:
So this is the pre song up and then you do it in the heavies on Saturday

gotcha signed up bro. just double check the contestants list. #6. Even though you are the first in this thread, I have some people ahead of you that are on permanent pre-sign.

Aww too bad.... what do you think of this pre-sign up? I was tired of a 20-25% no show rate. I think this will increase our chances of having people actually show up.

#7 Frankster. check the list up there to make sure.

Sorry about yelling like that haha. I had like 4 people PM me to sign up while I was making this thread and I kept getting side tracked. Youa re #4

Hahaha. #9 kind sir.

@chill doggie has been tagged in the op, PM'd once in one PM and PM'd in another, tagged by you and now tagged by me. Hope he gets the message. :D
Made me laugh dude

It's good to have priority seating.

Thanks for the extra effort notifying the past contestants first.

@bigwaverider is a man of the people.

ECDxjxCF4qHmCOFkvM-P6ZSw6LSvr7uoLzen1DUJfRISvzP99LZpiCrcPcKcswiXj76jlK9Wx47BoIOvtI8YV4l1neAAQr4IMPj7f0P2V-wgLC27cw2AStKGAlnCnKBiFJCt9SIZJBM8TUNP0DLgt_G8Yw7RyPqeZSiRvJ6LvK5MjzuU_B0JmzbpTdno4hzcLGBZu9_noaWT

So this is the pre song up and then you do it in the heavies on Saturday

Yes, for now this is pre-sign up and invite only, then I will move it to the heavies for open sign up. I am trying to make sure that known good contestants get in the contests and aren't shut out. So many people sign up, take up spots, then don't show up. I want to try to eliminate that. When it moves to the heavies I may have to edit posts like yours with a mod note so that people don't think it is still pre-sign up.

Yes, for now this is pre-sign up and invite only, then I will move it to the heavies for open sign up. I am trying to make sure that known good contestants get in the contests and aren't shut out. So many people sign up, take up spots, then don't show up. I want to try to eliminate that. When it moves to the heavies I may have to edit posts like yours with a mod note so that people don't think it is still pre-sign up.
It's probably best if everything I write is deleted tonight

Back