• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies with great twist endings

Frailty (Was mentioned once, deserves second mention)
Thirteenth Floor
Existenz
The Pledge (kind of a frustrating twist, but fairly unique)
The Final Destination 5 (mediocre movie, but good twist ending)

"Back Door Surprises vol. 6 children of the corn."

Definitely a shocking ending.

I grew up watching the 1990 Tom Savini version of Night Of The Living Dead. I remember the first time I finally sat down to watch the black and white original at the end I was all like:

<TheWire1>

I remember renting usual suspect to watch it with a buddy and he tells me there is suppose to be a surprise ending. 5 mins into it I say he’s the guy and lo and behold it turned out to be correct. I was still surprised and loved the ending.

Although it heavily reminded me of an Agatha Christie book. Awesome twist ending cause you’re reading from first point of view and it turns out the narrator is the killer. That was the best surprise ending I’ve ever read..

Been awhile since I've seen Dark City, but what twist was there in the ending of that movie?

Agreed; Old Boy had a great plot twist. Don’t know the other two films, but will look into it.

A bittersweet life is a masterpiece if you ask me.

The village wasn't that bad.

What @Mike said in post 108.

It was a passable movie until the twist. I'm usually very lenient when rating a movie. But The Village was really bad imo. I'm truly surprised so many itt mentioned it. Shyamalan's Devil was above average for me, but most people didn't like it. That's how lenient I usually am.

I remember renting usual suspect to watch it with a buddy and he tells me there is suppose to be a surprise ending. 5 mins into it I say he’s the guy and lo and behold it turned out to be correct. I was still surprised and loved the ending.

Although it heavily reminded me of an Agatha Christie book. Awesome twist ending cause you’re reading from first point of view and it turns out the narrator is the killer. That was the best surprise ending I’ve ever read..

Don't Look Now. More of a WTF ending. Excellent psychological thriller.

Jacob’s Ladder
Primal Fear
The Sixth Sense
Split
To Live and Die in L.A.

Primal Fear is probably my favorite movie w/ a twist ending

mainly b/c the movie isn't predicated on the Twist to be a solid film, it just adds to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back