@Brown
Reaction score
NEW Things To Watch Out For:

1. New "Pros Pick" Section

2. 3 day limit on poll.

monstersvsbugs.jpg

totmonstersvsbugs.jpg

ktvmonstersvsbugs.jpg

Encore: Refers to a movies replay value.
Pulitzer: Refers to the quality of the movie's story.
Alpha: Refers to the macho-ness and toughness of the movie and the actors in it.
Thank The Academy: Refers to the quality of the acting in the movie.
Highlander: Refers to the movie's ability and probability to live on forever.

ppmonstersvsbugs.jpg

If you'd like to become a "Pro" on Pros Pick, just add me as a friend and you'll be included in the series.

mfmonstersvsbugs.jpg

Monsters, Inc. (2001)

Synopsis: A city of monsters with no humans called Monstropolis centers around the city's power company, Monsters, Inc. The lovable, confident, tough, furry blue behemoth-like giant monster named James P. Sullivan (better known as Sulley) and his wisecracking best friend, short, green cyclops monster Mike Wazowski, discover what happens when the real world interacts with theirs in the form of a 2-year-old baby girl dubbed "Boo," who accidentally sneaks into the monster world with Sulley one night. And now it's up to Sulley and Mike to send Boo back in her door before anybody finds out, especially two evil villains such as Sulley's main rival as a scarer, chameleon-like Randall (a monster that Boo is very afraid of), who possesses the ability to change the color of his skin, and Mike and Sulley's boss Mr. Waternoose, the chairman and chief executive officer of Monsters, Inc.

A Bug's Life (1998)

Synopsis: Every year, a bunch of grasshoppers come to the anthill and eat what the ants have gathered for them. The "offering", as the ants call the ritual, is a part of their fate. One day in spring, when the offering's preparation has just been finished, Flik, unliked inventor ant, accidentally drops the whole offered seeds into the river. The grasshoppers come and give the ants a second chance to collect food until fall. Flik sets off to find bugs that are willing to fight the grasshoppers (nobody expects him to succeed anyway) and, due to a double misinterpretation, returns with a circus crew, giving everybody new hope. When the misunderstanding finally gets cleared out, there is only little time left for a new plan, which has to work, or else...

A Bug's Life is awesome. I love that movie. Monster's Inc. is pretty badass too though, but i gotta go with da bugs.

Things to remember:

- My Movie Battles are pitting up 2 movies that have the same feel, appeal to a similar audience, or share similar content. They won't always be completely alike in all areas.

-Polls close in 3 days.

- Choosing one doesn't mean the other sucks, so you better freakin choose!

Had to go with Monsters. I worked at Sears when Bugs Life first hit DVD and it played every single day in the TV department across from the computers where I worked. I've only seen the movie once all the way through but I've seen it in scattered pieces about 500 times. It's one of the few Pixar movies I don't own.

Monsters Inc. via Boo!

Also it doesn't hurt that A Bug's Life is basically Seven Samurai.

Seeing both those movies make me feel like I left my childhood behind in the dust :(

Ill go with A Bug Life.

monsters

bugs life was one of the weaker pixar movies

havent' seen Monsters so will not vote but I loved Bugs Life

havent' seen Monsters so will not vote but I loved Bugs Life

tumblr_mal5dfL1TE1r3wlui.gif

Great movie, IMO. Had so much heart. It's my third behind Toys Story trilogy, and Wall-E.

Wall-E still had most heart in any Pixar movie, imo. It's an achievement giving life to robots who didn't speak any language.

Last edited:
I'm going with a bug's life.
Monster's Inc was a great film, I just thought john goodman and his attachment to the human girl was annoying. He was forsaking everyone for that girl, for no reason.

..of course, I have dubbs, so i cant vote.

Monsters Inc.

Better story
Better animation
Better appeal

Boo>all Bugs Life characters.

Also whereas Monster's is getting a "prequel", I am unaware of any new ABL material on the horizon.

tumblr_mal5dfL1TE1r3wlui.gif

Great movie, IMO. Had so much heart. It's my third behind Toys Story trilogy, and Wall-E.

Wall-E still had most heart in any Pixar movie, imo. It's an achievement giving life to robots who didn't speak any language.

tumblr_m5pw5lnD0S1qeeznho1_500.gif

Damn, this is a good one. Hard to pick to be honest. Gonna have to rewatch them later tonight and tomorrow night.

This is a tough one. grew up with a bugs life but I can watch monsters for days

I like A Bug's Life but voted for Monsters Inc.

Anybody saw Antz? It came out relatively at the same as A Bug's Life. I remember liking Antz more. It also had the better graphics.

Bug's Life was awesome. But it's because i like how everything was from a tiny bug's perspective. Like how that one restaurant was a can of lard.

Monsters Inc all the way and it's not even close

Back