Movie Battles 2.0 #20: Marked For Death Vs. Red Heat

I've never even heard of either movie :redface:. Might check one of them out later tonight. Most likely won't be the steven seagal one though... All his movies suck.

This kind of thinking is totally wrong.

Most of his movies do suck, yet one of those movies that don't suck is Marked for death.

This kind of thinking is totally wrong.

Most of his movies do suck, yet one of those movies that don't suck is Marked for death.

Steven Seagal was the shit back in his prime.

Watched Marked for Death on HBO a couple weeks ago. I hadn't seen it since I was like 14.

Highly, highly entertaining. From the one-liners to the crazy gun violence and Seagal bone breaks, to Keith David (he's the man) and the villain, Screwface. A lot of fun.

Nice to actually see some love for Seagal. It's way too rare these days.

Gene Lebell would like to have a word with you

So because Seagal was allegedly handled by Gene, nobody is allowed to like him or his movies? Does the same thing apply to JCVD since he was allegedly handled by Chuck Zito? Is Bloodsport off-limits now?

Real combative efficacy and onscreen awesomeness are two very different things, and if you are incapable of realizing that, then you probably shouldn't be here.

I expected more from someone with a Steve McQueen AV :icon_cry2

Haven't seen either of these movies, in fact I don't think I've ever seen any Seagal movie.

The thing I like about Seagal is he never acts like he is losing in his movies.

Marked for Death
Above the Law
Under Siege
Hard to Kill
Out for Justice
On Deadly Ground
The Glimmer Man
Exit Wounds

Are all awesome

The thing I like about Seagal is he never acts like he is losing in his movies.

Marked for Death
Above the Law
Under Siege
Hard to Kill
Out for Justice
On Deadly Ground
The Glimmer Man
Exit Wounds

Are all awesome

Yeah, I've talked about this with my friends before. Any other action star gets into back and forth battles with the bad guy at the end. Taking some hits while eventually pulling through. Steven Seagal always goes flawless victory on fools.

Nice to actually see some love for Seagal. It's way too rare these days.

So because Seagal was allegedly handled by Gene, nobody is allowed to like him or his movies? Does the same thing apply to JCVD since he was allegedly handled by Chuck Zito? Is Bloodsport off-limits now?

Real combative efficacy and onscreen awesomeness are two very different things, and if you are incapable of realizing that, then you probably shouldn't be here.

I expected more from someone with a Steve McQueen AV :icon_cry2

First off it was a joke, but to be honest I never cared for Seagal's movies because they are too hokey, 20 guys show up to fight; not a problem. Seagal gets shot 30 times goes into acoma, no problem do a stupid ass montage of punching a plank of wood and screw the fish faced bitch from Weird Science and all is right with the world. There should be some conflict in action movies something to overcome, not a series of speed bumps. Furthermore he looks like he consistently eats a couple donuts short a bakers dozen and he runs like a little girl. I can't enjoy a movie about an action hero when he runs like a girl.

Gene is quoted as saying Seagal was dick and that is why he choked his ass out which caused him to shit himself. JCVD getting slugged by Zito was a different story, the guy was drunk in a strip club and Zito sucker punched him. Gene gave Seagal notice the choking was coming, all Seagal had to do was back down but his ego got in the way.
I realize and acknowledge the difference between combat efficiency and onscreen awesomeness, apparently Seagal didn't that day because if he did he wouldn't have tangled with Lebell. Bruce Lee knew enough to have the utmost respect for Lebell therefore a similar situation didn't happen with them.

How dare you compare Seagal to Steve McQueen, McQueen walked the walk. Hell the stuntmen all loved him because he would hang with them, drink beer with them and treated them like peers, not piss ants at his service like Seagal. McQueen was the real deal, he rode the motorcycles, drove the cars and he didn't try to present himself as some ass kicker and finally McQueen faced his DWI like a champ.

So in short for the tldr crowd; McQueen> Segall

Yeah, I've talked about this with my friends before. Any other action star gets into back and forth battles with the bad guy at the end. Taking some hits while eventually pulling through. Steven Seagal always goes flawless victory on fools.

Yeah it's a nice change of pace

Marked for Death easily. I like Arnold a lot more than Seagal but this is one of his best films while Red Heat is one of Arnie's worst.

Back