@Brown
Reaction score
NEW Things To Watch Out For:

1. New "Pros Pick" Section

2. 3 day limit on poll.

highlandervsconan.jpg

tothighlandervsconan.jpg

ktvhighlandervsconan.jpg

Encore: Refers to a movies replay value.
Pulitzer: Refers to the quality of the movie's story.
Alpha: Refers to the macho-ness and toughness of the movie and the actors in it.
Thank The Academy: Refers to the quality of the acting in the movie.
Highlander: Refers to the movie's ability and probability to live on forever.

pphighlandervsconan.jpg

If you'd like to become a "Pro" on Pros Pick, just add me as a friend and you'll be included in the series.

mfhighlandervsconan.jpg

Highlander (1986)

Synopsis: Born in the Highlands of Scotland in 1518, Connor Macleod is immortal. When he is wounded in battle but does not die, he is banished from his village. He meets another like himself, Ramirez, who teaches him swordsmanship--the only way to kill another immortal is to take his head--and the ways of the immortals. Modern-day New York is the location of "The Gathering," where Connor and the few remaining immortals must battle to the last for "The Prize."

Conan The Barbarian (1982)

Synopsis: A barbarian trained in the arts of war joins with thieves in a quest to solve the riddle of steel and find the sorcerer responsible for the genocide of his people in this faithful adaptation of Robert E. Howard's sword and sorcery adventures. This film briefly sparked a wave of fantasy films including the sequel, Conan the Destroyer, in the early 80s.

Conan is a decent watch, and this coming from an Arnold fanatic. But it's nowhere near his best movie, not even close. It's not Arnold in his prime, it's Arnold before he probably knew how to say the word prime.

Highlander via more technical swordmanship.

Things to remember:

- My Movie Battles are pitting up 2 movies that have the same feel, appeal to a similar audience, or share similar content. They won't always be completely alike in all areas.

-Polls close in 3 days.

- Choosing one doesn't mean the other sucks, so you better freakin choose!

Conan is awesome, but Highlander presented something new. We've all seen fantasy sword and sorcery stuff, and while Conan is one of the best of them. Highlander made swords in the modern times a thing and made it awesome.

Did conan have one of the greatest rock bands singing his theme song?

Conan completely destroys Highlander.

Conan was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I still love watching it.

Highlander is good, but Conan has the perfect amount of over the top awesomeness.

I am too much of a conan fan to not vote conan... and while it isnt completely
true to the books.... its much closer then the jason momoa reboot from several months
ago.

Highlander does not hold up well over time.... the sword fight in the garage after
the wrestling match where the guy starts randomly backflipping for no reason??!!

It was also ruined by the awful sequels.

Anybody else love The Highlander TV series back in the day?

Shit was tight.

conan all the way, christopher lambert sucks.

I LOVE the Conan movie, but Highlander had Queen do the soundtrack man...

I'm going to go with Conan by teaching us all "What is best in life?!?!?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

I knew Conan would be more popular, but that just goes to show how many people don't know wtf they're talking about. I could go on and on about Highlander for pages, it is truly one of my all-time favorites.

I remember when Highlander premiered on cable-tv. It was a Saturday night my senior year of high school, and I hadn't seen the movie yet although I'd been wanting to do so since it was in theaters. My girlfriend had the house to herself, so I went over. She wanted to mess around, and all I cared about was watching this epic film - I was so excited to see it. She was not happy with me, but tough rocks. True story.

For years I wanted an apartment like Connor's - awesomesauce.

BTW: BJJ Ninja, how the hell does Highlander NOT win this battle's Highlander Award?!?

Back