mouthguard training how to breath

andrewau

White Belt
Reaction score
When training with a mouthguard,

do you:

A - breath in through nose and out through mouth while biting mouthpiece?

B - breath in through nose and out through nose while biting mouthpiece?

Thanks in advanced

Ideally you should breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. The things you should be mindful of are:
a) controlling your breathing
b) keeping your mouth shut and your jaw set

If you've been fighting for a while you get to the point where the nose no longer works from breaks and you have to rely on your mouth. Make sure that you have a GOOD mouthguard that allows you to breathe comfortably. Remember the $2 walmart mouth guard is all that's protecting your brain and teeth. You get what you pay for.

Hey ssssmashing

I could not help but notice your AV.

It appears to be Uechi-Ryu Sanchin stance.

Am I correct? Is that your art?

Thanks,

Hey ssssmashing

I could not help but notice your AV.

It appears to be Uechi-Ryu Sanchin stance.

Am I correct? Is that your art?

Thanks,

The guy in the picture is Tatsuo Shimabuku, he was the founder of Isshin-ryu karate (the style I study and teach). The stance is sanchin-dachi, similar to the seisan-dachi but slightly pigeon-toed. He was, in fact, very good friends with Uechi-san and they influenced each other to be sure.

Get you a professionally done mouthguard from you dentist and you will not notice it when training. You can then brethe nomrally.

In through your nose and out through your mouth, that way your mouth/throat doesn't dry up mid-round. Wear it all the time, it'll help you get used to it, hell I run and lift with a mouthguard on.

In through your nose and out through your mouth, that way your mouth/throat doesn't dry up mid-round. Wear it all the time, it'll help you get used to it, hell I run and lift with a mouthguard on.

exactly what i do, any type of cardio i'm doing, i put my mouthguard in. it helps you get used to it, now its second nature.

Ive never worn a mouthguard before but if you want to breathe properly its In Your Nose Out Your Mouth. It gets some time getting used to but its the best way.

Back