mouth guard

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by hamilton, Aug 28, 2010.

1. hamilton

hamilton Orange Belt

I know it's been rehashed to death, but with the ever fluctuating number of dentists/companies doing mouthguards, I wanted to ask those who have gotten their guards within the past few months:

1) Who did you go with - and why.
    2) How long was the turn around
    3) Any problems along the way (delays, bad impressions, etc.)
    4) What thickness did you get (or model)

I've done a bunch of research on this, and the difference between BAMF, Jawzz, Protekt, Customguards, and whatever other ones out there has my head spinning... I saw punishments review of Jawzz, and I'm leaning there, but BAMF guards are a tad cheaper and apparently can give my 15k when my teeth hit the front row. lol.

2. CQ

CQ White Belt

You should probably just research a little more. I wear a cheap ass Everlast b&b for grappling and light sparring. Works for me so far! Yet, Im sure a custom guard will be PLENTY better as far as protection and comfort/fit. I'm actually going to be getting a custom one from my dentist soon. But as far as all those companies go, I think I've heard NOTHING BUT positive reviews from Scott and Python guards! His service and input is great! He's the guy I will be going to later on after this guard from the dentist. You should check 'em out.

3. hughes fan

hughes fan Silver Belt

Shockdoctor and Opro are the only ones I've used and they're great but I had to trim the back off them a little because I'm prone to gag and spit it out if I have to breath heavy.

4. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

1) Who did you go with - and why.

A: Sports Guards International (Gladiator)- Quality, Reputation, Service, Price, Second guard available at half price.

2) How long was the turn around

A: One week.

3) Any problems along the way (delays, bad impressions, etc.)

A: Absolutely, no problems.

4) What thickness did you get (or model)

A: Gladiator Elite 8mm, although most people seem to prefer the Pro Model, because it is not as thick.

Note: For an excellent guard with detailed graphics, I would have gone with Python Mouthguards, however, I just wanted a plain black color for mine.

:icon_chee

5. Tone C

Tone C Silver Belt

The Opro you bought was it one you send away for or was it one from Sports Direct or whatever they are called?