mouth guard

hamilton

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know it's been rehashed to death, but with the ever fluctuating number of dentists/companies doing mouthguards, I wanted to ask those who have gotten their guards within the past few months:

1) Who did you go with - and why.
2) How long was the turn around
3) Any problems along the way (delays, bad impressions, etc.)
4) What thickness did you get (or model)

I've done a bunch of research on this, and the difference between BAMF, Jawzz, Protekt, Customguards, and whatever other ones out there has my head spinning... I saw punishments review of Jawzz, and I'm leaning there, but BAMF guards are a tad cheaper and apparently can give my 15k when my teeth hit the front row. lol.

You should probably just research a little more. I wear a cheap ass Everlast b&b for grappling and light sparring. Works for me so far! Yet, Im sure a custom guard will be PLENTY better as far as protection and comfort/fit. I'm actually going to be getting a custom one from my dentist soon. But as far as all those companies go, I think I've heard NOTHING BUT positive reviews from Scott and Python guards! His service and input is great! He's the guy I will be going to later on after this guard from the dentist. You should check 'em out.

Shockdoctor and Opro are the only ones I've used and they're great but I had to trim the back off them a little because I'm prone to gag and spit it out if I have to breath heavy.

1) Who did you go with - and why.

A: Sports Guards International (Gladiator)- Quality, Reputation, Service, Price, Second guard available at half price.

2) How long was the turn around

A: One week.

3) Any problems along the way (delays, bad impressions, etc.)

A: Absolutely, no problems.

4) What thickness did you get (or model)

A: Gladiator Elite 8mm, although most people seem to prefer the Pro Model, because it is not as thick.

Note: For an excellent guard with detailed graphics, I would have gone with Python Mouthguards, however, I just wanted a plain black color for mine.

:icon_chee

Shockdoctor and Opro are the only ones I've used and they're great but I had to trim the back off them a little because I'm prone to gag and spit it out if I have to breath heavy.

The Opro you bought was it one you send away for or was it one from Sports Direct or whatever they are called?

Back