Mount Rushmore of this generation's Hollywood Movies

DDL, Gay Oldman, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Denzel Washington.

In terms of shear success as blockbuster stars are we talking?

Downey Jnr
Chris Pratt
Tom Cruise
Chris Evans

Maybe Scarlett Johanson and Chris Helmsworth in the running as well? maybe Christian Bale if you extend things a little further back?

Cruise, Denzel, Arnold, DDL, and...i want to put a chick on there..but i feel like the female actresess don't have as much longevity in the game..so hard to pick one. At one time i would have said Jolie, Sandra Bullock, or Anne Hathaway...but ill just go with Julia Roberts

Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein, Louis CK, Donald Trump.

Tom Hanks in 4 different movies

In terms of shear success as blockbuster stars are we talking?

Downey Jnr
Chris Pratt
Tom Cruise
Chris Evans

Maybe Scarlett Johanson and Chris Helmsworth in the running as well? maybe Christian Bale if you extend things a little further back?

Mt. Rushmore of Marvel basically?

Daniel Day
Leonardo Dicaprio
Jeffrey Wright
and of course Roberto Benigni

Wait, wait, wait. What generation are we talking here?

Arnie, Sly, Meryl Streep, etc are pretty old. Then there are the younger actors like Joseph Gordon Levitt, Shia, etc, and then the ones in between like Brad Pitt and Leo.

So which generation?

Otherwise this thread doesn’t work.

Mt. Rushmore of Marvel basically?

In terms of blockbuster success recently it would kind of have to be wouldn't it? I do think there is more "star power" behind Marvel than say Starwars as well.

In terms of blockbuster success recently it would kind of have to be wouldn't it? I do think there is more "star power" behind Marvel than say Starwars as well.
The Rock is bigger than all of those you mentioned except maybe Tom Cruise based off of your criteria.

The Rock is bigger than all of those you mentioned except maybe Tom Cruise based off of your criteria.

Honestly though I think its questionable putting him as the main draw for the Fast and Furious films, maybe the last one but prior to that he was a supporting role.

He certainly appears in a lot of blockbusters which obviously helps his overall numbers.

Honestly though I think its questionable putting him as the main draw for the Fast and Furious films, maybe the last one but prior to that he was a supporting role.

He certainly appears in a lot of blockbusters which obviously helps his overall numbers.
He has been one of the main draws since FF6, as much as Evans or Downey have been for Avengers. He has also had more individual blockbusters than they have as well as his own hit TV show.

Arnold, Pitt, Leo, Clooney most likely

Depp and Jolie may deserve a shoutout too

Anyone who doesn’t put at least 2 women on their Rushmore is a sexist man pig.

He has been one of the main draws since FF6, as much as Evans or Downey have been for Avengers. He has also had more individual blockbusters than they have as well as his own hit TV show.

I would say Downey Jnr has clearly been lead or co load in every Marvel film he's been in bar Spiderman Homecoming, I wouldn't say that of Johnson until the last film.

Back