• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Motor Racing 2023

He sure did school Perez. But like I said. Alonso fans been saying that since 2006 or whatver. Imagine him in this or that. Until then, it is what it is.
well yeah some guys hit the lottery with their cars, others like alonso not so much
whats obvious, he makes shitty cars better like no other
remember, he played with peak schumacher as a youngster too, to say hes nothing special is really dumb
btw aston martin went back to their old setup, they basically threw away half the saison with shitty updates

well max is a fan of alonso so i dont think max will mind it if alonso came to red bull

but any driver that is in a team with verstappen will have to accept that they are the 2nd driver by a wide margin, even alonso.

well max is a fan of alonso so i dont think max will mind it if alonso came to red bull

but any driver that is in a team with verstappen will have to accept that they are the 2nd driver by a wide margin, even alonso.
alonso has already implied that max profits from a good car, which doesn`t mean max isn`t very good, but i dont think alonso would need to accept anything
rb won`t risk it though, thats for sure

alonso has already implied that max profits from a good car, which doesn`t mean max isn`t very good, but i dont think alonso would need to accept anything
rb won`t risk it though, thats for sure

there have been countless of drivers in the past that profited from a good car. there is nobody that has excelled as max has in the past 2 seasons. perez is driving the same car. max is breaking all records.

right now.....there is no driver that comes close to max. he rarely makes a mistake. alonso is a great driver but let's be real...

there have been countless of drivers in the past that profited from a good car. there is nobody that has excelled as max has in the past 2 seasons. perez is driving the same car. max is breaking all records.

right now.....there is no driver that comes close to max. he rarely makes a mistake. alonso is a great driver but let's be real...
Max unlike others drive sim racing as well and those tracks are like real ones so he knows very well all the mistakes and advantages he could commit or penalized for

Two more races. Let’s see vegAs!

Hospitality workers in Las Vegas might be going on strike as soon as this weekend and be on strike for the Formula One race.
About 35000 Las Vegas hotel workers could go on strike

In other news, it seems that the entire city is a clusterfuck because of construction for the race along with other construction that is going on in the city making it extremely difficult to get around. Taxis are taking several times as long to reach their destinations severely cutting the amount of money they can make as fares are set by distance not time. Uber and Lyft drivers have talked about taking a vacation until after the race when the streets return to normal. They say they use too much fuel and can't cover the cost and have to deal with angry clients.

Btw, I know it's been discussed but how is Max so frickin' good compared to the competition? It's just insane how this season it's basically a fight for 2nd place. The guy is simply unbeatable

Also....Qatar was simply unsafe. F-ing ridiculous. I can't even believe those guys have to survive those temps. F1 should be ashamed of themselves

I feel like F1 should madate tyre changes and limits on number of laps. Makes it way more interesting.

I feel like F1 should madate tyre changes and limits on number of laps. Makes it way more interesting.
Then the guys who can take care of their tyres are at a disadvantage. I find someone trying to cAtch someone after an extra stop exciting. But maybe on some tracks, I’m advance they could try it out. Like having to use two tyres during a sprint.

Hamilton gave him no where to go.. Wasn't George's fault IMO. I think he even admitted it later. Either that or he was just being a good teammate and the elder driver. He's a good guy
Yeah. Lewis is my guy, so I was being supportive of him.
<{MingNope}>

Then the guys who can take care of their tyres are at a disadvantage. I find someone trying to cAtch someone after an extra stop exciting. But maybe on some tracks, I’m advance they could try it out. Like having to use two tyres during a sprint.

After rethinking it that's a great point. I found that race super exciting when they were forced to change tires more often. But as you said, it's not necessearily fair. It should be wide open and use what you want to use. I still don't understand why they have to use 2 tyres.

After rethinking it that's a great point. I found that race super exciting when they were forced to change tires more often. But as you said, it's not necessearily fair. It should be wide open and use what you want to use. I still don't understand why they have to use 2 tyres.

They can do it by supplying softer compound tires. This will cause the tires in use to wear that much faster, and need to pit for a change. They show the scale of softness for the tires they are using each weekend, and there is usually a couple notches of softness to go. But that would make the hards, mediums, and softs, super-softs.

They can do it by supplying softer compound tires. This will cause the tires in use to wear that much faster, and need to pit for a change. They show the scale of softness for the tires they are using each weekend, and there is usually a couple notches of softness to go. But that would make the hards, mediums, and softs, super-softs.

Thats a great point. But they still get to choose the compound. I know hard tires are slower but also last longer. I still don't understand how some of these drivers can make the tires last so much longer. I've seen some of these guys pit after like 3 laps. I guess they are going for fastest lap

It isn't always as simple as just bringing a softer compound. The construction of the tire and actual makeup of the compound play a massive role.

It wasn't that many years ago that entire seasons were spent driving around at a reduced pace conserving the tires and never pushing because that was quicker overall compared to doing fast laps and needing to pit.

Unfortunately it seems Pirelli don't really have the goods in terms of being able to provide a tire that provides a pace benefit after a stop but still has the durability to allow a driver to push through a stint. I hate to bash a company or supplier, but really is the feeling I get.

Examples of how this plays out include the 2004 French Grand Prix, with Michael Schumacher winning on a maximum attack 4-stop strategy.
In IMSA a few years back, the difference between the Michelin tires on the GTLM cars compared to the Hankooks on the prototypes.
Similar could be seen when Super GT and DTM shared a technical rulebook, but different tires. The DTM cars ran a spec Hankook, whereas the Super GT cars ran an open tire that not only was faster, but also more durable, with some teams able to make a single set last a 300km race (the same length as a GP).

The reverse was also happened in this years Bathurst 1000, where softer rubber was used which pretty much killed the racing due to poor durability meaning everyone just cruised around.

TL;DR, lots more than just bring softer rubber, tires are an absurdly complex problem and probably involve a lot of black magic as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back