Most violent, brutal and gory game you ever played?

I remember this arcade game came out around 1992 around the same time as Mortal Kombat. It was pretty gory for the time.

Man, there were so many MK imitators, selling their shit on cartoonish violence. Remember "Eternal Champions"? That's one that almost broke through, but couldn't hold up under scrutiny. At the end of the day, gameplay rules.

Man, there were so many MK imitators, selling their shit on cartoonish violence. Remember "Eternal Champions"? That's one that almost broke through, but couldn't hold up under scrutiny. At the end of the day, gameplay rules.

I vaguely remember that game from ads in the magazines but I didn't know anyone who had it so I never played it unfortunately. But yeah gaming back then had so many copycat games.

I vaguely remember that game from ads in the magazines but I didn't know anyone who had it so I never played it unfortunately. But yeah gaming back then had so many copycat games.

Yeah, it was a garbage game overall, but I believe it was one of the first games to get hit with an ESRB rating, which makes it stick out in my mind. It didn't even have the traditional "M" rating. It had "MA-17", or some shit on the package, which of course made me think it was the greatest game ever at the time.

Game was shit, but it got creative with it's fatalities:

Yeah, it was a garbage game overall, but I believe it was one of the first games to get hit with an ESRB rating, which makes it stick out in my mind. It didn't even have the traditional "M" rating. It had "MA-17", or some shit on the package, which of course made me think it was the greatest game ever at the time.

Lmao. I don’t have time to watch them all right now, but that one where the body’s falling down the shaft for like 45 seconds through like four consecutive meat grinders LOOOL

I still own this game. It had a lot of broken shit, but it played better than it's predecessor.

And if you want "creative"....

I got to around 4:17...

I'm going with the Manhunt games. Just sadistically violent, but also incredibly repetitive. There was also a game called Hatred that came out a few years ago where you kill random innocent people in fucked up ways.

You can do some pretty messed up shit in RDR2.

Didn't realize RDR2 was that realistically violent. I usually do not play bad guy as I think that has an adverse effect on the game so I likely never will see this. But this is not surprising as the game seems to have a very mean spirited tone versus the last one. Something about it is just offputting and it doesn't have the tongue in cheek humor to balance things out like GTA.

Anyone remember the old FMV horror games like Phantasmagoria?

*WARNING GRAPHIC*

Waxworks was a good one back in the day

Phantasmagoria is pretty messed up. Fun to watch the videos on Youtube though.

Yeah Manhunt was one of the games I was truly disturbed by. I grew up laying Mortal Kombat, Doom, etc. and kind of got desentized to the over the top violence. But man when I did the first few insta kills in Manhunt I was like oh shit, I mean it seemed pretty realistic. Then I did the kill with the plastic bag and fucking lost my shit.

Yeah definitely Manhunt, shit was off the hook for its time.

While its fairly tame by todays standards, Chiller was by far the most gory and violent game of it's time, imo. It wasnt violent, bloody fighting or anything. It was just straight up torturing people in the most gruesome ways possible (for the time). Torture chambers, racks, guillotines, etc. And this was in 1986, when games like Outrun and Rygar where the most popular things at the arcade.

FearfulLegalGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

My father randomly got his hands on a copy of Chiller for the NES in 1994. I was fascinated by it but I absolutely hated the sound, so everytime I played I turned the volume off and blasted Ace of Base's "The Sign" on his cd player instead.

I don't know why I mentioned any of that.

Manhunt and Soldier of Fortune were definitely the most shocking.

Nowadays so many games have blood & gore that its kinda whatever.

There's something extra disturbing about Manhunt 2 that puts it in a special class for me. I loved the story, far more than the first, and the atmosphere was super rich from the get go (insane asylum). You are basically playing a schizophrenic, who can't recall his past.

An entity called "The Project" (group fucking with your mind) chase you for the whole game while you piece things together. You visit various locations and get to see the underbelly of society and run into some truly deplorable people.
Through an experiment your character previously volunteered for, The Project infused the mind of a killer with yours, which caused you to turn homicide and murder your wife, if I'm recalling this correctly. They are trying to catch you and keep things covered up
The Project are quite sinister too.

Like the first game it has that Hostel 1 vibe, but it's more fleshed out here. Your serial killer looking character pulls you in too.

latest

Max Payne 1/2 kind of gave me the same feeling in parts. We need a Manhunt 3!

Last edited:
I gave Manhunt 2 a bad review on 411mania when it came out and the fanbase got PISSED, like people on the fan forums made threads about it and everything.

I have no idea what game these people played. The controls were awful, the censorship colors were a headache-inducing assault on the eyeballs, and the scenarios seemed to be set up more for shock value than to further the story or create interesting gameplay. Plus the endings are open ended and unfulfilling. Yeah it ranks among the goriest games but stacked against the tightness of the first game, it's a mess.

How about killing gary coleman, putting cats on your guns anally and shoot them at people, piss out burning victims etc etc.

manhunt series was the shit. i just played the first one a few months back. very unique gaming experience you cant get from another game

I miss the days of Rockstar making smaller yet still high quality games. People forget how glorious Brian Cox is in the first Manhunt.

Anyone remember the old FMV horror games like Phantasmagoria?

*WARNING GRAPHIC*

Waxworks was a good one back in the day

I played Phantasmagoria back in the day. I bought it at Wal-Mart and they probably shouldn't have sold it to me. Got my first non-confused boner because the woman had some nice tits.

There's something extra disturbing about Manhunt 2 that puts it in a special class for me. I loved the story, far more than the first, and the atmosphere was super rich from the get go (insane asylum). You are basically playing a schizophrenic, who can't recall his past.

An entity called "The Project" (group fucking with your mind) chase you for the whole game while you piece things together. You visit various locations and get to see the underbelly of society and run into some truly deplorable people.
Through an experiment your character previously volunteered for, The Project infused the mind of a killer with yours, which caused you to turn homicide and murder your wife, if I'm recalling this correctly. They are trying to catch you and keep things covered up
The Project are quite sinister too.

Like the first game it has that Hostel 1 vibe, but it's more fleshed out here. Your serial killer looking character pulls you in too.

latest

Max Payne 1/2 kind of gave me the same feeling in parts. We need a Manhunt 3!
Sounds like they basically copied the suffering and just changed a few things around for manhunt 2.

At the time the suffering was pretty twisted too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back