Most underweight fighter at weighins ever?

Going way back, Daiju Takase

I think it was at UFC21, he was to fight Jeremy Horn. This was when the weight classes were:

200+ = HW
170-199 = MW
170 and below = LW

Takase came in at 169 on the "Tale of the Tape." Technically the fight shouldn't have gone on since Takase wasn't in the MW range, but it went on anyway with Horn (who cut weight to make 199) totally demolishing Takase. Ref Mario Yamasaki was criticized for not stopping the fight sooner as Takase was fetaling up well before the stoppage.

One time Hendo stepped on the scale while holding a bottle of water, and still made weight...

Can't remember which fight that was?

I think BJ weighed in at 191 and Machida was 225. But thats just going off a memory so I'm probably wrong. And it wasn't open weight, it was atr HW.
Penn was 191 and Machida was 220 and it was at open weight. K-1 Hero's 1.

Who has gone to weigh ins only to come unusually underweight and shown signs of no weight cutting? The latest one I can remember was Machida coming in at 202 or something like that. I can't remember why but for some reason I feel like I saw a video saying that it was unintentional.

Machida was actually 203

Anthony Perosh came in at 215 to fight Cro Cop at 110

Yeah but Mirko's natural weight before he started losing it was 215-225.

He packed on weight after the GG fight because he said he was getting over-powered

for modern UFC i will suggest Horn (v Liddell). my shit memory tells me he was 193 or so (for a LHW bout)

EDIT: i cannot find a source.

Genki Sudo came in at 163 when he fought Butterbean 378 lbs.

Back