Most Technical Fighter (current or all time, UFC or Pride)

I honestly can't believe anyone named Anderson Silva...

He's a technical striker. That's where it ends. Surly you people have noticed there are far more well rounded and overall more technical fighters throughout the history of this sport. Right? Please say yes....Or does this marketing campaign work better than even I gave it credit for?

Anderson is not really as technical standing as people say but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

LOL at you nuthuggers saying gsp. The only thing technical about georges is his jab and his double leg. He literally does nothing else other than a superman punch every now and then. Anderson has finished every single fight other than 3 stinkers and he finished with a different technique every fight. Jeez people get off gsp's nuts. He doesnt belong in this discussion at all.

Shock to see one of BJ's most bitter fans hating on GSP.

GSP's entire game is 'A+' or 'A' in technical.

All of his defensive skills are 'A+'. It is arguable that we have never seen anyone as good at him in those areas which is why he holds the record as one of the least hit fighters in MMA despite fighting arguably the toughest championship schedule.

His offensive skills are all A or A+. His 'A' areas are power punching and submissions and that is why he struggles to finish the top guys as you need an A+ game in todays MMA where guys at the top have serious defensive skills but his other offensive areas related to dictating where the fight takes place (td, control, etc) are A+.

GSP in terms of everything. Machida in terms of pure striking.

Really? In about 2008 he started swinging like a bum, but up until then he had arguably the most rounded game in MMA history.

He boxed right into the clinch, usually without being hit, got the takedown, baited submissions from guard and used his escapes to land hard shots and pass. From there he allowed opponents to start getting back to guard just so he could land some hard shots on the way and start over.

Just because you don't like the way it looks doesn't mean it's not technical as hell. There are plenty of technique based fighters who use nothing like orthodox form - Emmanuel Augustus for example.

Yet you include Aldo? His basic offense is the 2 - 3 to the body, low kick. Over and over. Impressive that he gets away with it, no doubt, but hardly a technique driven game.

this is why u were getting tons of hate in ur last article for being biased as hell

GSP thread is a GSP thread lol.

Still, the answer is GSP.

Lyoto Machida:

machida1.gif

lyotodropssilvaagain_medium.gif

UFC79-LyotoXSokoudjou.gif

Jose Aldo:

jose-aldo_rolando-perez.gif

aldoheadmovement00.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_8.gif

And of course Anderson Silva. I can only show 6 gifs per post, but I'm sure you all know why Anderson is on this list - the same reasons Lyoto and Aldo are: his timing, ability to land strikes no one else can land (http://www.gifsengracados.com.br/wp...ideo-anderson-silva-vitor-belfort-ufc-126.gif) and his ability to dodge strikes while still being in position and on balance to come back with combinations of his own (http://i47.tinypic.com/w7klk.gif)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back