Most Shocking Fighter To Get Ko'd; Benson, Hendricks, or Benavidez?

Most Shocking Fighter To Get Ko'd?

• Total voters
In terms of chin:

Hendricks has barely been wobbled in his entire career, so for him to get KO'd in the first was the most surprising for me.

Benson got knocked out in the amateurs and got dropped a few times in his professional career so not really a surprise.

Natural flyweights like Benavidez receive and throw pitter patter 99% of the time, so their chins aren't used to getting hit very hard. MM got the right amount of precision and power to catch Benavidez.

In terms of competition:

It was obvious to most that if Hendricks couldn't get the take down, he would get lit up. So him losing to Thompson wasn't surprising to me.

Benson was still in the top even after the loss to Pettis and some close fights. RDA looked good, but it was against shit competition. I thought Benson would scrub him. Him getting KO'd by RDA baffled me at the time.

Even though it was kind of long ago, MM was even then considered an elite fighter at flyweight. He can finish from anywhere. Him destroying Benavidez wasn't surprising.

I still think the RDA/Bendo fight was stopped early.

Joe B, the other two have been badly rocked before.

How?

Maybe against Edgar it would have been surprising, but we're talking about Conor McGregor.

99% of predictions in a McGregor were was by KO.
Hyperbole much?

Ya everyone expected Conor to win by KO in 13 seconds. Of course.

Poor Joe of course. That was 1 punch KO no follow up shots were really needed there.

come on it wasnt that long ago

yF5BknX.png

anyway it doesn't matter if its tko or ko, they would have died without the ref thats why i find it ridiculous when ppl bring this up every time. Not the fighter's fault its the ref who decide if its a ko or tko
It was a TKO. Also some guys would never get a ko even if there was no ref. I.E. Bisping, Fitch etc at a high level. They just don't have that power

Hyperbole much?

Ya everyone expected Conor to win by KO in 13 seconds. Of course.
You never mentioned anything about 13 seconds.

You just said ''Aldo getting KO'd''.

Everyone predicting a Conor win said Conor by KO and a plurality said in the first round.

It's not shocking unless you completely doubted Conor or have been living under a rock.

Bendo. Never pictured him getting KO'd that easily.

The bendo stoppage was early. So hendricks.

You never mentioned anything about 13 seconds.

You just said ''Aldo getting KO'd''.

Everyone predicting a Conor win said Conor by KO and a plurality said in the first round.

It's not shocking unless you completely doubted Conor or have been living under a rock.
Semantics. Very few people actually believed Aldo would get KO'd,let alone in the first. It's also always easier to say this stuff in hindsight.

Hell maybe I'm the genius cause I found all those other KOs more likely than the Aldo one and they all happened. Revisiontist history is the best history.

Back