Most of Anderson's UFC opponents have retired

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
And many of them were younger than him. He is truly a fighter from another era.

Chris Leben
Rich Franklin
Travis Lutter
Nate Marquardt (he is rumored to come back)
Dan Henderson
James Irvin
Patrick Cote
Thales Leites
Forrest Griffin
Chael Sonnen
Vitor (he supposedly going to fight for ONE)
Stephen Bonnar
Michael Bisping
Daniel Cormier

Only Maia and Okami are still active and mostly likely not for long.

Anderson was my favorite fighter. "Was" because of his PED issues. But I cant deny he provided many memorable moments.

WAR SPIDER!

Probably because he took minimal damage in fights. Worst damage he ever received was the broken leg, Weidman KO and the first Chael fight.

Pretty incredible.

44 year old Silva did better vs prime Izzy than prime Whittaker and prime Costa. GOAT
All Whittaker and Costa can do is out strike and old Cuban wrester. To this day Silva would smash them both!

What's most impressive for me - is that even in his twilight years Anderson holds his own and doesn't get embarrassed vs. Izzy, DC, and many others.

Watching Prime Silva was magical

All Whittaker and Costa can do is out strike and old Cuban wrester. To this day Silva would smash them both!

If he beats Hall, I would like Silva against Romero next.

I know Silva is "retiring" but he has one more fight left on his contract plus he is not being entirely clear about his future.

And so should he to o be quite honest.....his day has gone, and he's just obscuring his record with these recent fights....

His life etc....

Chris Leben
Rich Franklin
Travis Lutter
Dan Henderson
James Irvin
Patrick Cote
Thales Leites
Forrest Griffin
Chael Sonnen
Stephen Bonnar
Michael Bisping
Daniel Cormier

Anderson was my favorite fighter. "Was" because of his PED issues. But I cant deny he provided many memorable moments.

WAR SPIDER!
I never stopped likeing silva for the peds, he's from a time when everyone was on it and lots of his opponents were more than on just a little. Also all the goats, even gsp, are pretty suspect that they used peds. And I wouldnt say his style is one that benefits as much as someone like vitor from peds.

If i don’t take TRT i will die! - Chael Sonnen
it's interesting because most of the ppl disregarding silva's accomplishments still hold chael's "magnificent" performance against him in high regard, despite chael popped that night AND STILL tapped.

Chris Leben
Rich Franklin
Travis Lutter
Dan Henderson
James Irvin
Patrick Cote
Thales Leites
Forrest Griffin
Chael Sonnen
Stephen Bonnar
Michael Bisping
Daniel Cormier

WAR SPIDER!

PED aside id say its due to good training. He seems like a samurai in the sense he studoes small details and follows a good regime of diet and training.

But as a quirk of my imagination id like to say since he was so damn good at evading being hit he has not taken a lot of sparring % fight damage which is killer on the body.

Back