Most impressive thing from last night.

FistofIce**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maia's TDD.

Shields, a lot of times, was in on his legs. Shields, when he's in that deep, he is pretty good at finishing. I haven't seen anyone stuff so many takendowns in any wrestling matches or in MMA when someone was in that deep so many times.

I was impressed as well man, even though Maia lost he still looked really good with that TDD.

umm... shields couldn't take down akiyama or woodley either.

The most impressive thing of the fight for me was Shields during the scrambles, it's fucking Maia we're talking about here, for most people being in such a position means you're done and Jake reversed 2 o 3 bad positions and ended in top.

This is getting redundant but...
i0x6PKO3kaSC7.gif

i mean who really thought that wasgoing to happen?!

umm... shields couldn't take down akiyama or woodley either.

???

He did take Akiyama down, and Woodley has insane TD defense.

I believe Woodley has only been taken down once in his MMA career.

The most impressive thing of the fight for me was Shields during the scrambles, it's fucking Maia we're talking about here, for most people being in such a position means you're done and Jake reversed 2 o 3 bad positions and ended in top.
I also feel this about the main.

But the Dong was most impressive.

This is getting redundant but...
i0x6PKO3kaSC7.gif

i mean who really thought that wasgoing to happen?!

Completely. Maia vs Shields was a chess match between two very similar fighters. Kim KO'd Silva despite being the underdog and not having a finish in years.

I thought Palhares' heelhook was the most impressive thing. Pierce knew exactly what his gameplan going to be but Palhares is so good at it that he was unable to stop it. The technique was simply beautiful too.

I think Maia actually defending TDs says more about Shields offensive grappling than Maias TDD

So, to summarize, TS you liked the way Maia handled it every time Shields went in deep?

Back