Most famous combat athletes among Americans.

Lennox Lewis should be on this list. He was well-known as a foe to Tyson and Holyfield. Roy Jones, Jr. might make it as well. He was extremely popular in black communities.

Didn't Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris compete in martial arts prior to getting into show business and their careers are based on being martial artists?

Last edited:
I don't even know who half those guys are, and this guy should be top 10....especially considering the younger generations. Wtf is Dempsey?
176420538.jpg.0.jpg

Muhammed Ali. But I would argue Mike Tyson is the most famous combats athlete since the 90s

I noticed you said "in America", not "from America".

Anyway, it's probably Conor.
You think? More Americans know Conor than sugar Ray, Foreman, Tyson, Ali? I'd doubt that. Unless this is 20 - 30 year olds.

Chuck Norris , a bit far down but widely know the boot camp aerobics Billy Blanks.

What a fucking whacky order on this list lol

Dunno of you're from America or not but literally nobody outside of die hard boxing fans has ever heard of Sugar Ray Robinson

That's a stretch. I think that most of the western population aged above 30 has at least heard the name and associates it with boxing.

That's a stretch. I think that most of the western population aged above 30 has at least heard the name and associates it with boxing.

Literally and exclusively boxing fans, nobody else on earth.. 30+ Ray Leonard? Sure, he was basically king of the 80s.

Probably have to go 50-60+ to know of Ray Robinson who's last fight was what, mid 1960s?

Honestly as far as fame goes it's probably more like

1. Ali / Tyson interchangeable here
2. Ali / Tyson
3. Floyd
4. McGregor (Who's star is fading FAST)
5. Pacquiao
The rest are pretty much interchangeable

Back