• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most exciting fighter in the lightweight division.

Chandler is the most exciting fighter in 2021 because he has a black son. bless

Looking back on 2021, I have to say that Michael Chandler was the most exciting fighter in the organization. He started the year by knocking Dan Hooker out spectacularly. Then, he went on to challenge Oliveira for the title. Despite coming up short, the first round of that fight was for me the best round of the year. Then just two months ago, he fought Gaethje in what was arguably the fight of the year.

I don't know about any of you but I honestly think Chandler is the only guy in that division who I want to see fighting everyone even if he loses another fight. Think about it.

Chandler vs Ferguson
Chandler vs Makhachev
Chandler vs Poirier
Chandler vs McGregor
Chandler vs Dariush
Chandler vs RDA

All these fights have the potential to be fight of the year. Also, say he loses his next fight against one of the fighters listed above, I think I'd still want to see him fight the rest on that list because Chandler is just that guy who has a shot at beating anyone.

Anyways, who do you like to watch in the lightweight division?
While I was agreeing with you while reading your OP, the more I thought of it, the less Chandler impressed me.
He is just a guy who can take lots of punishment and keeps coming.
Kind of like Tony, but less unpredictable.

I would be excited to see him fighting Tony or Conor, but less excited to see him fighting the top of the division... IMO he should be like a gatekeeper.
beat him to prove you are tough enough to challenge the top.

Looking back on 2021, I have to say that Michael Chandler was the most exciting fighter in the organization. He started the year by knocking Dan Hooker out spectacularly. Then, he went on to challenge Oliveira for the title. Despite coming up short, the first round of that fight was for me the best round of the year. Then just two months ago, he fought Gaethje in what was arguably the fight of the year.

I don't know about any of you but I honestly think Chandler is the only guy in that division who I want to see fighting everyone even if he loses another fight. Think about it.

Chandler vs Ferguson
Chandler vs Makhachev
Chandler vs Poirier
Chandler vs McGregor
Chandler vs Dariush
Chandler vs RDA

All these fights have the potential to be fight of the year. Also, say he loses his next fight against one of the fighters listed above, I think I'd still want to see him fight the rest on that list because Chandler is just that guy who has a shot at beating anyone.

Anyways, who do you like to watch in the lightweight division?
Gaethje is about the most exciting 100%-action-usually-spectacular-FOTN fighter in any division.

Just Bleed Gaethje or Do Bronx

No order but
Islam Makhcahev
Chandler
Gaethje

Lesser knwon fighters that people sleep on
Riddell
Mustafaev
Evloev

Back