Reaction score
What are your picks?

Off the top of my head

Cerrone Guillard
Silva Sonnen
Kongo Barry
Lawlor Manhoef

I'm not sure whether Chonan Silva counts

I swear I post in this topic every month.

- Kongo/Barry
- Frankie/Maynard
- Boetsch/Okami

Tanner/Baroni + AA/Sylvia 2 deserve mentions.

Hughes/Trigg 2
Anderson/Sonnen 1
Alexander/Sokoudjou

There is only one correct answer and it hasn't even been mentioned

livershot-punch.gif

There is only one correct answer and it hasn't even been mentioned

livershot-punch.gif

Sorry forgot, who are they?

Seen gif many times, when same topic threads arise. Agree one of the memorable come backs.

I remember watching Boetsch vs Okami at my friends house barely paying attention. They weren't really either. They asked who's winning & I said Okami's dominating, this is embarrassing. Then boom. Joe Rogan creamed.

Shogun/Hendo 2 has to be up there IMO.

Shogun was beating him pretty soundly. Hendo did get a knockdown in the first round but overall, Shogun was pushing that fight, landing all the significant strikes, dropped Hendo twice, if I remember correctly.

Then out of nowhere, boom, down goes Shogun and Hendo hammers on him and the fight gets stopped. The reason I'd say it's a 'dramatic' comeback is because it was Shogun. He was winning that fight, looking rather impressive in doing so, and seeing Shogun lose is always a sad thing IMO.

The reaction from all of the Shogun fans (myself included) is what makes it seem more dramatic, at least for us Shogun fans, you know?

It really sucked to see. Shogun was doing so well. Looked like his boxing did improve after working with Freddie Roach, he showed a better jab than he ever did, controlled the distance well, dropped Henderson a few times, he was doing so damn good and then out of nowhere his nose gets smacked to the other side of his head.

Was a sad moment. But not nearly as saddening as Shogun's loss to OSP. I say that because just a few years ago, Shogun would've beheaded the guy in the first round round. It sucks to see Shogun lose at all, especially when Shogun was damn near unbeatable at one point and would've smashed some of these guys badly but now he's just so far past his prime.

Another one may be Chris Leben's triangle choke win over the sexiest man alive. Leben was losing that fight pretty handily and then out of nowhere he slaps that triangle on in the last round.

Can't forget Lesnar's comeback against Carwin in the same night as well after taking a horrific beating.

And lastly, Anderson Silva's 5th round triangle choke win over Chael Sonnen. It wasn't just dramatic because Anderson got beat down for 4 1/2 rounds and then out of nowhere wins, but all that trash talk from Chael, the way Chael backed it up.. then Anderson just crushes his dreams with what.. 2 minutes left? just crazy.

Fedor/Randleman

Randleplex, ohhh shit Fedor must be dead. BOOM Kimura

^ might as well add fedor vs fujita to the mix. fedor went twinkletoes thanks to a fujita right hand. even fedor knew he got caught and gave fujita much props in the ring after the fight.

big nog vs crocop was an amazing comeback. crocop beat the crap out of him for the entire 1st round and got every sprawl, it looked like he was going to sprawl and brawl his way to a decision if he didn't ko nog first. 2nd round big nog finally got a takedown and caught an armbar in transition during a crocop hip escape. was amazing to watch at the time.

and tank abbott vs oleg taktarov at ufc 6. tank was beating up and laying on top of him for a good 17 min then after mccarthy stood them up oleg winded tank with a guillotine attempt and then won via rnc. and oleg was fighting bare knuckle. respect.

Last edited:
Jones spinning elbow on Gus in the 4th.
Gus was winning but that elbow changed everything.

Since it was a championship matchup and Gus is my guy, i felt it was extremely dramatic.

Back