Most disrespected or Underrated fighters

Elkins and Leonardo Santos
UFC as a company disrespects Elkins. I truly believe he's getting cutting next time he loses. He's ruined the UFC's plans multiple and my 500 to win 5100 parlay at 209 when he beat Becktic. -650 favorite loses. FML. Hit everyone else including my +275 Teymur over Lando.

Jon Jones since he isn't the GOAT in many people's opinion
Anything under GOAT is underrating him.

tenor.gif

<DC-Champ>

Neil magny
Stipe miocic
Both are almost always the underdog in their fights

Neil magny
Stipe miocic
Both are almost always the underdog in their fights
Funny. He was favored against AA but the dog against Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou and JDS. He wins those fights. But he becomes the favorite against DC and doesn't last 4 minutes.

Seems like Elkins at the moment. Hot win streak but barely a gatekeeper on Fight Pass...

Curtis Millender he looked great vs Alves. Max Griffin was game and Millender handled himself well in rounds 2 and 3. If millender works on his Tdd he could be a Rumble 3.0.

He lost to James McSweeney and Mr Rousey.
When I was watching TUF with James McSweeny I thought he was the next big thing. At least he would have a decent UFC run. Man was a wrong.

Raphael Assuncao is the most underrated active fighter . there are people here who dont know who he is but the guy is a beast

That’s because he’s too busy running his martial arts school, and doesn’t get on social media, and doesn’t talk enough trash.
HE CHOSE to commit himself to his business over the UFC act.

Lorenz Larkin. Seems like everyone forgot about him the moment he went to Bellator and lost to Lima.

Has 2 very good wins over Masvidal and Magny.

I gave him the Tumenov win too.
That one was such a good fight.

Another underrated guy is Phil Davis. No one likes him because of his style and got written off after his surprise loss to Rumble, but damn, the dude has put on a good resume, has never been finished and had an easy fight with Glover.

Fedor emelianenko. No one on sherdog ever talks about him because he has never fought in the ufc. I did my research and I have to say that he has legit skills

Ryan Bader.... He's pretty much an afterthought at this point, but his resume is phenomenal. Besides that one bad loss to Tito, he's only lost to Bones, Rumble, Machida, and Glover. Meanwhile, he's defeated Little Nog (2x), Rampage, Cavalcante with one hand, Rashad, Phil Davis (2x), Latifi, King Mo, Vassell, and Jardine. After the big 3 (Bones, DC, Rumble), you can make the case that Bader has been the next best LHW over the last decade.

Matt Serra.... Most people scoff and dismiss him as a fluke, but he had a very stellar career. Marred by close losses (caught by Shonie with seconds remaining when he was about to win a decision, a great fight against BJ in '02, and a close SD loss to Din Thomas), Serra was always a threat and was only finished once. Heavy hands and a great ground game. A very solid overall fighter.

Sean Sherk.... Doesn't receive enough recognition as one of the best LWs ever. He split time at WW and still compiled a 36-4 record and only ever lost to the absolute best of the best (Hughes, BJ, GSP, and Frankie). He dominated Florian to win the LW title. The dude was 5'6 and may have had shorter arms than Artem and he still wrecked most of his opponents.

Ryan Bader.... He's pretty much an afterthought at this point, but his resume is phenomenal. Besides that one bad loss to Tito, he's only lost to Bones, Rumble, Machida, and Glover. Meanwhile, he's defeated Little Nog (2x), Rampage, Cavalcante with one hand, Rashad, Phil Davis (2x), Latifi, King Mo, Vassell, and Jardine. After the big 3 (Bones, DC, Rumble), you can make the case that Bader has been the next best LHW over the last decade.

Matt Serra.... Most people scoff and dismiss him as a fluke, but he had a very stellar career. Marred by close losses (caught by Shonie with seconds remaining when he was about to win a decision, a great fight against BJ in '02, and a close SD loss to Din Thomas), Serra was always a threat and was only finished once. Heavy hands and a great ground game. A very solid overall fighter.

Sean Sherk.... Doesn't receive enough recognition as one of the best LWs ever. He split time at WW and still compiled a 36-4 record and only ever lost to the absolute best of the best (Hughes, BJ, GSP, and Frankie). He dominated Florian to win the LW title. The dude was 5'6 and may have had shorter arms than Artem and he still wrecked most of his opponents.
I'm still mad we never got to see Gus vs Bader

That one was such a good fight.

Another underrated guy is Phil Davis. No one likes him because of his style and got written off after his surprise loss to Rumble, but damn, the dude has put on a good resume, has never been finished and had an easy fight with Glover.
I gave Phil the second fight 48-47. Bellator went all in on Bader and Phil needed a finish or dominant performance to get the decision.

Back