Most difficult 10 fight streak?

I'll throw my hat into the ring with a shoutout to "The Dragon". Here's what Lyoto Machida was workin' with between May 24, 2008 - February 23, 2013:

Tito Ortiz – UFC 84 (Win via UD)
Thiago Silva – UFC 94 (Win - KO via punches)
Rashad Evans – UFC 98 (Win - KO via <mma2>)
Shogun Rua – UFC 104 (Win – Unanimous decision)
Shogun Rua – UFC 113 (Loss – KO via punches)
Rampage Jackson – UFC 123 (Loss – Split decision)
Randy Couture – UFC 129 (Win – KO via crane kick)
Jon Jones – UFC 140 (Loss – Submission via standing guillotine)
Ryan Bader – UFC on Fox: Shogun vs. Vera (Win – KO via punch)
Dan Henderson – UFC 157 (Win – Split decision)

That seems like a pretty high quality of opponents!
This is a really fun exercise @george14 ! I've really enjoyed looking through some of the all-time greats strength of schedule.

Chris Weidman's last 11 is ridiculous:

Ronaldo Souza
Kelvin Gastelum
Gegard Mousasi
Yoel Romero
Luke Rockhold
Vitor Belfort
Lyoto Machida
Anderson Silva
Anderson Silva
Mark Muñoz
Demian Maia

We have a winner.

Roy Nelson was consistently brutally matched too

I was looking through Rashad's fight record and noticed a murderers row of fighters in 10 consecutive fights. I'm sure there are some other impressive ones. Anyone have a more impressive one than Rashad from 2007 - 2012:

- Tito
- Bisping
- Chuck
- Forrest
- Machida
- Thiago Silva
- Rampage
- Tito (again)
- Phil Davis
- Jones

EDIT: I meant most difficult 10 consecutive fights. Sorry for the confusion.
SAKU G. x 2: @ OW !

Guy Mezger
Hoyce Gracie
Igor Vovchanchyn
Henzo Gracie
Shannon Ritch
Hyan Gracie
Wanderlei Silva
Quinton Jackson
Wanderlei Silva
Mirko Filipović

Kimo Leopoldo
Marcus Silveira
Vernon White
Carlos Newton
Allan Goes
Vitor Belfort
Ebenezer Fontes Braga
Anthony Macias
Hoyler Gracie
Guy Mezger

This thread seems to be dominated by the big guys. Allow me to show some love to the little fellas (commonly referred to as "manlets")
Urijah Faber
November 5, 2008 - July 21, 2012

Mike Brown – WEC 36 (Loss via TKO)
Jens Pulver – WEC 38 (Win via submission – guillotine)
Mike Brown – WEC 41 (Loss via UD)
Raphael Assuncao – WEC 46 (Win via submission - RNC)
Jose Aldo – WEC 48 (Loss via UD and having his leg sadistically chopped off)
Takeya Mizugaki – WEC 52 (Win via RNC)
Eddie Wineland – UFC 128 (Win via UD)
Dominick Cruz – UFC 132 (Loss via UD)
Brian Bowles – UFC 139 (Win via guillotine)
Renan Barao – UFC 149 (Loss via UD)

*** He fought Jens Pulver prior to the start of these 10 fights, but I wanted to keep it true to the OP. I guess back in the day the FW division was dominated by Faber, Pulver & Brown - before Aldo came onto the scene and blew them all away!

I think any long tenured champ is going to have an impressive list. Jon Jones’ resume is pretty ridiculous, especially coming back from that beating that he took from the head of Hammil.

No, besides the juiced up bad boy jon jones image he has a impressive run.
And yet I was specifically disputing your claim that all of those fighters were in their prime, but keep moving that goal post <Lmaoo>.

Nogs run from late Prime through his early UFC fights was insane.

Barnett (x2)
Hearing
Sylvia
Mir
Couture
Cain
Schaub
Mir
Herman
Werdum

Chael P. Sonnen

Fedor
Rampage
Wanderlei
Ortiz
Evans
Rua
Jones
Silva
Bisping
Stann
Silva
Marquardt

We've had some great runs in the UFC. Thanks to all the fighters that fought for next to nothing and gave it all.

RDA

Usman
Colby
Lawler
Many
Saffiedine
Ferguson
Alvarez
Cerrone
Nate Diaz
Khabib

i would say jon jones for sure.
he has the most impressive streak imo.
he faced all these dudes in their prime... like machida, shogun. belfort, sonnen, cormier, rampage...
he doesnt fought them in washed up old version.

To be honest, lots of Jon's are against fighters past their prime, this doesn't take anything away from Jon because he never ducked anyone and could only fight whomever was available at the time.....

I was looking through Rashad's fight record and noticed a murderers row of fighters in 10 consecutive fights. I'm sure there are some other impressive ones. Anyone have a more impressive one than Rashad from 2007 - 2012:

- Tito
- Bisping
- Chuck
- Forrest
- Machida
- Thiago Silva
- Rampage
- Tito (again)
- Phil Davis
- Jones

Its less impressive if you watch those fights though and the context of when they happened. The really impressive performance was againat forrest. Chuck,and tito the second time were old slow bag of broken bones. His losses were against tough guys thats for sure.

- Tito
- Bisping
- Chuck
- Forrest
- Machida
- Thiago Silva
- Rampage
- Tito (again)
- Phil Davis
- Jones

Issue is all the LHW's had that same stretch more or less though Shad might have done the best besides Jones. Going through that and only getting finished by Machida is incredible. Shad didn't do bad against Jones either he took a round just like DC and arguably took 2. Part of why I was such a Shad fan back in the day is that I remember him getting trashed back before the Chuck fight for being unbeaten for not fighting anyone and was happy to see him slowly turn the table on that narrative.

People say Jones got everyone in their prime but Shad got them even earlier. Shad though makes me sad cause as impressive as this is it could have been so much more, he did the same thing Gus just did waiting for his title shot and didn't fight often once he was no.1 contender. Shad looked really good when he suffered that injury training to fight DC. Wish we had gotten Shad v DC maybe Shad would be the one in that spot rn? Seeing Shad's comeback attempt after that was sad to watch, none of Jones's other victims fell quite the same way they mostly kept winning.

Ronaldo Souza
Kelvin Gastelum
Gegard Mousasi
Yoel Romero
Luke Rockhold
Vitor Belfort
Lyoto Machida
Anderson Silva
Anderson Silva
Mark Muñoz
Demian Maia
Lol holy fuck. And people like to shit on him. That is an insane list of fighters.

he faced all these dudes in their prime... like machida, shogun. belfort, sonnen, cormier, rampage...
lmao other than DC none of them were in their prime lol.

Brock has had a REALLY tough 8.

Mir, Herring, Couture, Mir, Carwin, Cain, Reem, Hunt.

8/9 of Brock’s fights have been against top 10 ranked opponents. That’s just under 90%. No one else comes close.

Conor’s last 10 is BY FAR the most difficult ever

Ronaldo Souza
Kelvin Gastelum
Gegard Mousasi
Yoel Romero
Luke Rockhold
Vitor Belfort
Lyoto Machida
Anderson Silva
Anderson Silva
Mark Muñoz
Demian Maia

I believe this discussion is about winning streaks.

Rich Franklin had a pretty solid level of competition during his final run in the UFC (2007-2012)

Yushin Okami - W - UD
Anderson Silva - L - KO
Travis Lutter - W - TKO
Matt Hamill - W - TKO
Dan Henderson - L - SD
Wanderlei Sivla - W - UD
Vitor Belfort - L - KO
Chuck Liddell - W - KO
Forrest Griffin - L - UD
Wanderlei Silva - W - UD
Cung Le - L - KO

shogun/machida/belfort/rampage/sonnen were not in prime wth...

id say currently whittaker is approaching that as well. romero 2x, gastelum, jacare, brunson, tavares etc. also lost to wonderboy before moving up

if he beats gastelum and israel this year he will have quite the resume.

tenor.gif
Most of them were. Besides, no version of any those guys would beat Jones. He beat TRT Victor too.

They were all at the very tail end except DC and Vitor who broke his hand in the first round

Most of the others never had any elite wins again. Rampage and Shogun were definitely past their best despite Shogun having the belt, he wrecked his knee in the Machida rematch and had a third surgery and was a plodding head hunter ever since.

Vitor had a 12 fight schedule of:
Franklin
Anderson
Akiyama
Rumble
Jones
Bisping
Rockhold
Hendo
Weidman
Hendo II
Jacare
Moose
Kelvin

Holay Fuck

Chael P. Sonnen

Fedor
Rampage
Wanderlei
Ortiz
Evans
Rua
Jones
Silva
Bisping
Stann
Silva
Marquardt
Everyone but Stann was a world champion. Most were past their primes but to be fair so was Chael.

Back