Most dependable fighter in championship rounds(Current, all time)?

Linelo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
image-36.gif

SnDZKB2.gif

Jon+Jones+Americana+Vitor+Belfort+UFC+152.gif

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

DefensiveAmbitiousFantail.gif

IndolentLateJohndory-size_restricted.gif

Jones has to be up there all time and perhaps the best currently.

His lethality may have waned in the later stage of his career but he remains a hard fighter to finish strong against in title fights.

It was paramount that he secured the 4th and 5th vs Reyes and he did just that.

Who's your pick for current? All time?

His lethality waned? Are we not attributing it to his lack of PEDs or what?

Reyes was gased as FUCK as it was his first time ever going beyond 3 rounds so I'm not sure his performance in the championship rounds in that fight mean much.

Thiago likewise had a torn ACL for over 2 rounds by the time that fight hit the championship rounds and he was struggling just to not fall over.

Last edited:
TBH probably JJ. Although my personal favourite is no doubt fifth round Lawler. Sure not always the best or most technical, though seeing him come out in the fifth in some of those classic fights looking for blood and leaving it all on the line will always be memorable.

Not really championship rounds, but you can count on Yoel Romero for those 3rd round finishes.

Reyes was gased as FUCK as it was his first time ever going beyond 3 rounds so I'm not sure his performance in the championship rounds in that fight mean much.

Him being gassed means a whole lot lol - it means he sucked in the championship rounds. His performance in those rounds is what it is - and it was bad.

Joanna,Max,Khabib have beaten the fuck out of thier competition in championship rounds. Also 5th round Lawler

Him being gassed means a whole lot lol - it means he sucked in the championship rounds. His performance in those rounds is what it is - and it was bad.

I'd give him a pass because it was his first time.

He gave everything he has in those first 2 rounds. He was pouring sweat after the 2nd.

He brought the fight to Jones like no one has before.

Not really championship rounds, but you can count on Yoel Romero for those 3rd round finishes.

Sadly the only way he has enough gas to get to round 3 is by faking eye pokes and groin shots for rest.

I'd give him a pass because it was his first time.

He gave everything he has in those first 2 rounds. He was pouring sweat after the 2nd.

He brought the fight to Jones like no one has before.

I don't give guys a pass just because it is their first. He was bad in the championship rounds.

That being said, I'd agree he did very well in the initial rounds.

I don't give guys a pass just because it is their first. He was bad in the championship rounds.

That being said, I'd agree he did very well in the initial rounds.

Hey man, fighting for 25 minutes isn't easy. It takes time to learn how to pace yourself.

If Reyes sucked in the championship rounds, Jones sucked in the first 2. He was running for his life at one point lol.

Hey man, fighting for 25 minutes isn't easy. It takes time to learn how to pace yourself.

If Reyes sucked in the championship rounds, Jones sucked in the first 2. He was running for his life at one point lol.

I never said it was easy, I said he was bad at it, and that is what we should go off of.

Prime Lawler in the 5th round down on the scorecards. Even if he doesn't win he's putting his opponent through hell and back.

Prime Lawler in the 5th round down on the scorecards. Even if he doesn't win he's putting his opponent through hell and back.

Came here to post this...

He was one of those guys that seemed to get stronger as the fight got longer.

Back