Most dangerous fighters who rarely finish fights.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was just looking at Edson Barboza's wiki page and I noticed he hasn't finished a fight in 2 years, 7 of his 12 UFC wins are by decision and most of the finishes were pretty early on in his UFC career. It's not that he can't finish fights, I just think he knows his chin isn't the best and doesn't want to get caught.

So who are some fighters who are really dangerous but rarely finish fights.

The last guy Jones finished was Sonnen...

The chin condition of Edson has certainly impacted his performance. Going full panic wrestler cost him the fight with Ferguson.

Last edited:
Barboza
Masvidal
Aldo
Machida
those fighters come to mind, always going to decisions, but are all dangerous strikers.

bones has like 7 finishes prior to all those decisions

Aldo is incredibly powerful and dangerous, drops everyone multiple times but they always survive

Yair Rodriguez throws meaningless spinning shit. 1 finish in 5 wins in the UFC.

Barboza
Masvidal
Aldo
Machida
those fighters come to mind, always going to decisions, but are all dangerous strikers.
Aldo is an excellent example considering what he did to Faber. 5 rds of those kicks will have a major impact on a fight and career. Aldo hasn't been using his kicks enough imo, for the foreseeable future he shouldn't have to worry about td's much.

Aldo is an excellent example considering what he did to Faber. 5 rds of those kicks will have a major impact on a fight and career. Aldo hasn't been using his kicks enough imo, for the foreseeable future he shouldn't have to worry about td's much.
Yeah true, he doesn't leg kick as much anymore, in WEC he used to be a killer with leg kicks, but since he came to UFC he uses leg kicks rarely, I don't understand why, that was one oh his best weapons. I know people will say about takedowns, because he could get taken down in WEC too but threw them all the time, he fought some good wrestlers in WEC but was leg kicking them to death.

I had thought J Hendricks but I'm not sure if he is really a dangerous finisher. Were both Fitch and MK on a big downturn in their careers? Those leaping punches he caught them with inevitably became predictable and useless.

Back