Most controversial decisions?

Bas Rutten vs Kevin Randleman

not at all , at that time blatnik haven contaminated the sport so blanketing wasn't a way to win fights , for today standards who give us late runds Td and john fich randleman won , but at that time the talk sitll was the guy on the bottom could be winning the fight, as bas did

These were almost prosecutable by law:

Hamill/Bisping
Garcia/KZ I
Garcia/Phan I
Ring/McGee

These were close and could be considered for "Either way":

Shogun/Machida I
Couture/Rizzo
Henderson/Edgar II

These were not robberies at all and the right decision was made:

Sonnen/Bisping
Diaz/Condit
W. Silva/Bisping

Shogun Machida 1 was first that came to mind
Frankie vs Bendo II (and the first one too I suppose, but I think they got that decision right)

Absolutely not. Worst, maybe .. controversial, not so much. That's EASILY Shogun-Machida.

the reason that I say it is hands down the most controversial is because it is the only time that we have seen UFC fans protesting outside the Zuffa offices over a judges decision.

Easily this and it's not close:

10.gif

What we notice in that picture:
1- Nam Phan freaks out when Garcia gets just ONE nod from ONE judge because a split decision would be ridiculous
2- Garcia is shaking his head right before he is announced the winner because he is SURE that Phan is going to get the nod
3- Garcia doesn't even react immediately when his name is called because he is SURE Phan is going to get the nod
4- Garcia goes to his corner to celebrate and his corner is all like "what the fuck how did our guy win?" and Garcia has to walk away. Even Greg Jackson can't fucking believe it.
5- Joe Rogan actually mouths "hey man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" to Phan before walking over to Garcia
6- The shrugs say it all

Bisping/Hamill
Frankie/Bendo 2

Diaz lost fairly

Izumi vs Zikic non ufc
Garcia vs Phan ufc

Gasp some one else mentioned Izumi vs Zikic, I always mention that fight in these threads. 100% home town decision robbery. Made me happy they fed him to Gegard.

Gasp some one else mentioned Izumi vs Zikic, I always mention that fight in these threads. 100% home town decision robbery. Made me happy they fed him to Gegard.

Ya man i think it was the biggest robbery that no one cared about even if it wasn't a high profile fight it was a terrible decision.

No poll (yet) but I was thinking of doing some psychological research in MMA and would need to start with some of the most controversial decisions in MMA. Go ahead and list whatever comes to mind (Diaz vs. Condit Ahem)

Ahem, that's only controversial to stoners and people who think moving forward is winning the fight.

Ahem, that's only controversial to stoners and people who think moving forward is winning the fight.

The fact that there was so much controversy over the decision makes it pretty controversial. What's your pick for the thread?

the reason that I say it is hands down the most controversial is because it is the only time that we have seen UFC fans protesting outside the Zuffa offices over a judges decision.

While that does sound like a controversy, I think the metric here is how much disagreement the topic sees here on the forums.

Given that, Henderson/Edgar 1 would be more controversial than Henderson/Edgar 2, as a 80% majority agree about the second fight, but the first fight gets more disagreement on the subject. Which is strange given that the first fight was the more definitive of the two.

Garcia's record actually should be 12-13.
His wins against Jameel Massouh, KZ, Phan I and the draw against Roop should all be wins for the opponents.

Diaz vs carlos
Rua vs machida
Rampage vs machida
Carlos vs kampan

The fact that there was so much controversy over the decision makes it pretty controversial. What's your pick for the thread?

It wasn't that controversial. Condit did more damage and outstruck him by like 40-50 strikes. My picks have already been said. Though, there's some outside of the UFC that haven't been said like Warren/Galvao and Easton/Beebe.

Though I'm a Machida fan, I've gotta go with Machida-Rua I. I was shocked when Lyoto came away with the victory.

Leonard garcia vs nam phan

Biggest robbery ever.

Shogun-Machida I made a lot of people feel sick.

Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia is equally as disgusting. Condit-Diaz comes close.

Back