Most brutal GnP to the body?

From what i've seen they don't consider those 12/6 elbows either cause they are to the body or cause from the position they aren't exactly 12/6. 12/6 elbows seem impossible from the back from what I have seen refs do/say about it.

that's kind of bullshit, I mean they clearly are 12/6 elbows...

he puts his arms way up and move downwards to make a hit, that's a 12/6 elbow right there!

Should be disqualified for that (although he was winning) just like Jon Jones was, and many others.

qssgsm.jpg

I thought elbows were forbidden in PRIDE.

I would gladly suffer any of these body beat downs than that of Russow's hammerfist of doom.

Lil Nog vs Tito was the first that came to mind for me. Lil Nog quite often uses some less seen/unorthodox skills in his fights, getting to crucifix position or this weird dashing uppercut he throws.

that's kind of bullshit, I mean they clearly are 12/6 elbows...

he puts his arms way up and move downwards to make a hit, that's a 12/6 elbow right there!

Should be disqualified for that (although he was winning) just like Jon Jones was, and many others.

I'm not saying it's right i'm saying that's how I have seen the rules enforced for a long time.

I'm not saying it's right i'm saying that's how I have seen the rules enforced for a long time.

I know, just stated my view on this case.

As for the rule, if they believe the rule should be only to the head, they should change its text, 'cause the book says "Striking downward using the point of the elbow", no mention of place.
The explanation about this strike most accepted is:
"All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/1...anation-of-12-6-elbows-calls-yoel-romeros-win

Last edited:
Back