Most avoided boxer today?

My top 6 avoided fighters for 2024. My number 1 may come as a surprise but when you think about where he is and that he is still avoided it makes sense. Did I miss someone more deserving?

Nice list. Though I thought it was the other way around that Haney avoided Shakur at lightweight? He moved up in weight and vacated his WBC title. Shakur then fought DLS for it. I didn't know that Shakur priced himself out against Haney. Unless this was a different time they negotiated?

Haney had been struggling to make the cut to lightweight so I don't blame him for not fighting Shakur there. He may be open to fighting him at 140 instead.

PS. Is that your voice doing the video narration?

Nice list. Though I thought it was the other way around that Haney avoided Shakur at lightweight? He moved up in weight and vacated his WBC title. Shakur then fought DLS for it. I didn't know that Shakur priced himself out against Haney. Unless this was a different time they negotiated?

Haney had been struggling to make the cut to lightweight so I don't blame him for not fighting Shakur there. He may be open to fighting him at 140 instead.

PS. Is that your voice doing the video narration?

Haney offered Shakur a 75/25 split for an opportunity to fight for all the belts and undisputed and he turned it down. Haney said they didn't even make a counter offer so he decided to move up.

I use AI voice over for the videos. I should probably use my own voice but it's good enough for now.

Haney offered Shakur a 75/25 split for an opportunity to fight for all the belts and undisputed and he turned it down. Haney said they didn't even make a counter offer so he decided to move up.

I use AI voice over for the videos. I should probably use my own voice but it's good enough for now.
Interesting. Well that explains it then. But yeah Haney had been struggling to make 135. It was just a matter of time before he had to move up anyway. The guy moved up to 140 and still rehydrated to 165 lbs against Prograis. That's absurd.

Interesting. Well that explains it then. But yeah Haney had been struggling to make 135. It was just a matter of time before he had to move up anyway. The guy moved up to 140 and still rehydrated to 165 lbs against Prograis. That's absurd.

Yeah, it was definitely for the best that he moved up. In a way it was a blessing that he couldn't get the fights he wanted at lightweight.

People really developed a hard on for Zhang all of a sudden.

Devin Haney? The only reason I can think of him being avoided is his weak ppv debut but it was just that, a debut, other than that he has 2 very solid wins and is popular, anybody in the 140lb vicinity not named Tank Davis would love to fight him.

Jaron and Morrell I agree with the most, not sure I agree with Haney though ha

My top 6 avoided fighters for 2024. My number 1 may come as a surprise but when you think about where he is and that he is still avoided it makes sense. Did I miss someone more deserving?

Boots Ennis it looks like is getting ducked more and more, but I'm not saying he's the new Manny Pacquiao or anything like that.

I’ll add to Jack Catterall.

Ever since he gave Taylor a bit of a lesson I don’t think I’ve heard any champ at 140
acknowledge he exists, including Matias.

He’ll need to corner a champ as a mandatory to get a shot.

Jack Catterall.

I’ll add to Jack Catterall.

Ever since he gave Taylor a bit of a lesson I don’t think I’ve heard any champ at 140
acknowledge he exists, including Matias.

He’ll need to corner a champ as a mandatory to get a shot.
That guy is a kinda a stinker, I’m not sure you are getting why people are pretending he doesn’t exist

Matias seems pretty avoided atm, I’m positive that guy is down to hurt anyone.
I probably should have added him but I saw that Teo sent them an offer but Matias declined due to a hand injury, so hopefully they make that happen after Teo's next fight. There was also that whole weird f**k up where Haney's team where in negotiations with the wrong person, which is why Matias needs to go ahead and sign with a real promotion in Match Room and the big fights will roll in.

Hrgovic?? I don't think anyone is scared of him. He got a gift against Zhang.
I wouldn't call it a gift. I had it a draw, Zhang easily won 5 of the first 6 rounds but then lost 5 of the last 6 due to inactivity.

Beterviev ... if spelled right.
He's been ducked but so have the other guys on the list. The only fight anyone even cares about at LHW is Beterbiev vs Bivol. Right now Bivol is stalling that fight. The more they stall the older Beterbiev gets. I think we'll finally see it in 2024. Bivol won't want to wait much longer because Beterbiev is closing in on 40. They know they'll get less credit if they beat him if they wait that long.

Back