Most Absurd Reasons Fighters Have Been Criticized?

Phil Davis was criticized for cowardly standing with Vinny Magalhaes, instead of shooting takedowns.

Read the OP please.

"Please no "PEOPLE DON'T LIKE JON BECAUSE HE'S SUCCESSFUL" or "PEOPLE HATE SHOGUN BECAUSE THIS BOARD IS ALL MACHIDA FANS" and stuff you make up in your head. Real, absurd reasons."
I don't give a fuck. That's MY reason. And it's true. When you hear people calling jones "fake" as an excuse that's about as lame as it gets

Either Brazilians get injured a lot or some of these excuses are actually lies

Or fighters everywhere get injured a lot, but Brazilians don't come from a culture where answering questions honestly is frowned upon.

Frankie throwing his hat
Jones being too big for LHW
Any fighter thanking god

Im pretty sure the guy was joking, but that thread where the TS said Jones should have adopted a cat instead of breeding an exotic one lol

I don't give a fuck. That's MY reason. And it's true. When you hear people calling jones "fake" as an excuse that's about as lame as it gets

He is fake though..? You can't dislike the guy for being fake now? Lol.

I distinctly recall someone typing in a Mcgregor thread with a photo of him (paraphrasing a little) "I'm sick of all these skinny dudes who look like they've never touched a weight in their life beating up smaller guys, I've seen more well developed chests on 12 year old boys"

Most often it's for answering questions truthfully.

Journalist: Did you have any injuries going into the fight?
Fighter: Yes

Thread title: Fighter claims he was injured going into the fight.

Sherdoggers: He's making excuses. Sour grapes. Nog's book of excuses...
Oh, fucking this. It's completely idiotic. Shows no understanding of the sport, and is downright hostile to all analytical apporoaches to MMA.

*Walkaway KO's are the ultimate in arrogance.*

Hunto, Nelson, etc...

I see it as them knowing the dude is out, and not wanting to take advantage of a helpless opponent. Others see it as the above.

Fighters being injured.
Fighters telling people they had an injury.
Fighting smaller guys.

2vluuzo.png
[/IMG]

651.gif

Every guy who has won a close fight.

Pretty much every guy who talked about difficulties leading up to his fight.
Not all excuse makers though. Having staph is worlds away from "hand wraps" or only going 70%.

Please read the OP once again. It specifically mentions it must be genuinely absurd. It might bother you personally for whatever reason, but this isn't the thread for it. Let's try and keep it on topic.

Back