Elections More than 200 retired Generals & Admirals REJECT Trump

We got extremely close to a war with Iran, and we're still very close. The only reason it hasn't happened is because Iran has smartly not taken the bait and Trump was convinced to back down. Don't pretend he isn't a hawk.

>Didn't take the bait
Lol. Did you forget about how they directly bombed a US military base?

>Didn't take the bait
Lol. Did you forget about how they directly bombed a US military base?
Maybe you weren't plugged into the details, but Iran actually called ahead and told the US troops to evacuate. It was a meaningless face saving measure, and we were happy to let them have it.

How do conservatives explain this away? These are men who (unlike Trump) dedicated their lives to defending this country, they aren't coastal liberals or Antifa. They're canaries in the coal mine for the type of moderate to right leaninig "national security first" American. Not a good look.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...als-endorse-biden-including-some-who-n1240842

"More than 200 retired generals and admirals endorsed Joe Biden for president in a letter published Thursday, saying he had the character and judgment to serve as commander-in-chief instead of President Donald Trump, who has failed "to meet challenges large or small."

Some of the officers who signed the letter supporting Biden had retired only in the past few years, including Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who served as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump before he retired in August 2019; Vice Adm. Gardner Howe, a Navy SEAL leader who also retired last year; and retired Adm. Paul Zukunft, who oversaw the Coast Guard until 2018."

How dare he not start any new wars to profit from...

How many generals and admirals are there currently and alive? There is apparently 1,000+ at any given year

Does the fact only 200 spoke out mean the 95% remaining choose Trump? MSM narratives, how do they work?
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-military-many-generals
Pretty sure Military men aren't allowed to make political endorsements. These were made by RETIRED admirals/generals.

And your math and logic skills are horrible, 200 is 5% of 4,000. Saying you're against Trump means you're against Trump. Not saying anything doesn't mean you're for Trump, doesn't mean you're against Trump, and doesn't mean you're for or against Biden. Making a conclusion on the position of anyone that didn't say anything is a hasty conclusion since there's not enough information to make that determination.

Probably has something to do with Trump commenting numerous times on how evil and terrible the military industrial complex is.

Could be why some of the military doesn't like him OP. Now where did Trump touch you again? Can you show us on the doll...

Well for starters he's been disrespecting veterans. Also they probably see him as more volatile. He did have to be talked out of assassinating Assad.

I doubt that there are actually 200 ex admirals and generals on this list

Pretty sure Military men aren't allowed to make political endorsements. These were made by RETIRED admirals/generals.

And your math and logic skills are horrible, 200 is 5% of 4,000. Saying you're against Trump means you're against Trump. Not saying anything doesn't mean you're for Trump, doesn't mean you're against Trump, and doesn't mean you're for or against Biden. Making a conclusion on the position of anyone that didn't say anything is a hasty conclusion since there's not enough information to make that determination.
You don't think there are 4K retired generals and admirals? There are 500 Brigadier Generals Active at any time alone. Also 40% of the 200 are CIA and FBI rejects that was on the tear down Trump hoax team.

It is you who is void of logic and reason.

Trump is a super hawk on Iran, he assassinated one of their most senior officials only 6 months ago and has been itching to escalate military action with them. Funny how you guys just ignore that.
I actually like how Trump has dealt with war in that sense. I definitely would rather hear about a random drone assassination of a key "bad guy" over a military invasion costing ridiculous lives and dollars. I hope this becomes the new standard without him.

I actually like how Trump has dealt with war in that sense. I definitely would rather hear about a random drone assassination over a military invasion costing ridiculous lives and dollars. I hope this becomes the new standard without him.
But the only reason there wasn't massive escalation was becuase Iran didn't take the bait, and because Trump was talked off the ledge by his NSC. We've been incredibly lucky that we haven't been sucked into a major engagement, it's not because Trump is handling it well.

But the only reason there wasn't massive escalation was becuase Iran didn't take the bait, and because internally Trump was talked off the ledge. We've been incredibly lucky that we haven't been sucked into a major engagement, it's not because Trump is handling it well.
Agreed. I don't care for Trump. I'm not trying to pat him on the back, but I'll give credit where it's due that this happened during his term.

I would say military leaders are technocratic and hate when a soft person doesn't listen to their council

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back