More ppv buys Ufc 194 or Ufc 196?

More ppv buys

• Total voters

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The two biggest cards in recent memory, not including Ronda, both headlined by McGregor.

Ufc 194
Connor vs Aldo- fw title fight
Rockhold vs Weidmann- mw title
Yoel vs Jacare
Gunnar vs Maia
Holloway vs Stevens

Ufc 196
Connor vs RDA- LW title
Holm vs Tate- wbw title
Anderson vs Lawlor
Nunes vs Valentina
Latifi vs Villante

194 obviously has a vastly superior undercard and Aldo vs McGregor is the biggest fight. Tate may be the biggest draw besides Connor. Still hard to see 196 do more ppvs than 1.2 million.

194 had more hype and the world tour so probably that.

Doesn't look like they're hyping Holly much and unlikely she's a PPV star just because she beat Ronda. Kinda like Weidman after beating Silva.

194 had more hype and the world tour so probably that.

Doesn't look like they're hyping Holly much and unlikely she's a PPV star just because she beat Ronda. Kinda like Weidman after beating Silva.

They've given all four of the main event fighters equal exposure. Holly just doesn't talk. Really doubt her personality ever leads to her being a star.

Hopefully Tates getting ppv points cause she's the one who people are tuning in for

UFC 194. I think for whatever reason the powers at the UFC are underpromoting/promoting Conor vs RDA all wrong. They have obviously let the guy who makes their posters try and sell their fights.

They've given all four of the main event fighters equal exposure. Holly just doesn't talk. Really doubt her personality ever leads to her being a star.

Hopefully Tates getting ppv points cause she's the one who people are tuning in for

I really doubt that she's getting PPV points.

Don't think Mendes got it when he fought Conor as a late replacement.

UFC 194 probably

Seems like there was a lot more hype and anticipation to Aldo-Conor, than with RDA-Conor

Could just be me, but I'm not getting that same vibe for 196.

That's funny. People are tuning in to UFC 196 for Miesha fucking Tate?

That's funny. People are tuning in to UFC 196 for Miesha fucking Tate?

Yea that's exactly what I said. BTW yes Tate has a bigger fanbases than anyone on this card besides Connor

That's a fucking terrible troll.

196 isn't getting near as much time to be promoted at 194 was. Also, Conor and RDA doesn't have as much history as Aldo and Conor did. I expect this PPV to do less that 1 million. If I were to give a guess, I'd say around 800,000.

Last edited:
Holly is probably a bigger draw than Weidman at this point, a lot of the boxing fanbase is interested in her from what I've heard on a lot of boxing podcasts. Ronda was also far bigger than Silva in terms of PPV market.

That's a fucking terrible troll.

I know its hard to read two entire paragraphs to provide context but you can try.

BTW who's posting in a Ufc forum yet every single post is about how terrible the Ufc is, now who's a troll

I know its hard to read two entire paragraphs to provide context but you can try.

BTW who's posting in a Ufc forum yet every single post is about how terrible the Ufc is, now who's a troll
I've never posted about the UFC being terrible get your facts straight. Miesha doesn't deserve PPV points, she's not a champion, she just made her name by saying "I lasted 3 rounds with Ronda" even though she got thrown about like a plaything.

I really doubt that she's getting PPV points.

Don't think Mendes got it when he fought Conor as a late replacement.

Meltzer said almost all title fight contenders do get PPV points.
Mendes really didn't deserve any since he was a last moment replacement and didn't add to the promotion.

196 isn't getting near as much time to be promoted at 194 was, nor was there enough time to promote it as much. Also, Conor and RDA doesn't have as much history as Aldo and Conor did. I expect this PPV to do less that 1 million. If I were to give a guess, I'd say around 800,000.

That would be a big blow to the "ruler of the numbers."

Ronda sold 900K and 1 million fighting girls nobody knew on garbage cards.

That would be a big blow to the "ruler of the numbers."

Ronda sold 900K and 1 million fighting girls nobody knew on garbage cards.
I believe this is a way of the UFC showing Conor that he has as much pull as the UFC allows him to have. Basically a way of saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you. You're not bigger than your creator."

Conor is nothing without the UFC. The UFC without Conor will go on and can always build up a new star. As soon as one falls, another one rises. Without the Zuffa marketing machine, Conor isn't the same sell as he can be with that backing.

I believe this is a way of the UFC showing Conor that he has as much pull as the UFC allows him to have. Basically a way of saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you. You're not bigger than your creator."

Conor is nothing without the UFC. The UFC without Conor will go on and can always build up a new star. As soon as one falls, another one rises. Without the Zuffa marketing machine, Conor isn't the same sell as he can be with that backing.

Yep. If he was a puppet like Ronda and took whatever they gave him then they'd be doing another world tour and shoving the "biggest super fight ever" down our throats.

I laugh whenever Dana says Conor really likes money.

He said it on at least 2 occasions already.

I feel like the UFC 189/194 promo drew in a lot of casuals. That was a sick promo.

It would be weird if 196 doesn't get over 1.2 mill. The 196 co main is more marketable than the co main at UFC 194 because of the Holly/Ronda outcome. Also Conor is making history with moving up to try and get a second belt.
However, the build up was only 2 months though.

I say 1.3 mill for 196. The build up for the 2 weeks going into the fight is what really matters and if the UFC executes, UFC 196 will be more successful. If there is a prefight press conference, I expect Conor to do something as well.

I feel like the UFC 189/194 promo drew in a lot of casuals. That was a sick promo.

It would be weird if 196 doesn't get over 1.2 mill. The 196 co main is more marketable than the co main at UFC 194 because of the Holly/Ronda outcome. Also Conor is making history with moving up to try and get a second belt.
However, the build up was only 2 months though.

I say 1.3 mill for 196. The build up for the 2 weeks going into the fight is what really matters and if the UFC executes, UFC 196 will be more successful. If there is a prefight press conference, I expect Conor to do something as well.

Not enough time for the build up. The UFC isn't spending any money advertising. Conor is in Ireland and not on US tv. Unless there is a huge push in the last two weeks, I see it doing 900-800k.

Not enough time for the build up. The UFC isn't spending any money advertising. Conor is in Ireland and not on US tv. Unless there is a huge push in the last two weeks, I see it doing 900-800k.

It'll get 1m for sure, that's a fact in my mind.

900k is Mendes vs Conor before Conor even reached superstar status. Conor just KO'd the #1 p4p.

The casuals are the main target as they probably make up 70% of the ppv buys. They're not going to follow the build up 1 month before the fight. They couldn't care less one month before the fight. They start caring when the fight is close.

Back