Social More left eating itself

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed already, but here is a black woman going after Bill Maher for not being woke and Marxist enough, plus too old and white, and so on...

It's beautiful, the far left lunatics are eventually gonna scare off all their more moderate allies, I expect much more division in their ranks coming soon.

<36>

Maher is not really a left-wing guy even if he has entertained the idea of being one, in his own mind. The guy is a centrist, center-left at best, a liberal, and a rather old school one at that.

I'm not surprised to see that the left is trying to run its purity tests on all the moderate-minded Democrats, and try to make them appear "uncool" and "not radical enough" to the younger generations. This is all to their benefit if they want to be dictating the narrative going forward.

The old style of being a cynical, sharp-witted secularist/atheist, who embraces the scientific model, is also going out of style in the left-wing ranks. It's now all about passionately embracing ideas that don't necessarily pass the test when they're being critically evaluated. This is creating a pretty big rift between the people who came up during the era of the Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Noam Chomsky types of liberals and left-wingers, the individual thinkers, compared to the modern type of "anti-intellectuals"/social influencers who rely on collectivist thinking, peer pressure and mass movements of people rallying around a few slogans to support their ideology.

Last edited:
The right is eating itself but "lol a left person made fun of a left person"
So when leftie says such things it’s just “made fun of”, but if a person on the right said the exact same things it’s racism? OK gotcha

How did the vaccine thing become a right vs left thing anyway. That's just fucken bizarre, could someone explain that one please?
Trump made it a right vs left thing. Why? Because you can’t very well claim to have “made America great again” when people are sick and dying, everyone is social distancing and wearing masks, schools and businesses are closed, and unemployment is rampant. Trump knew he’d take political damage and likely not be re-elected, and therefore he wanted to minimize COVID at any cost. So he did the same thing to COVID that he did to anything else that threatened him: he screamed “hoax” and “fake news” at it and tried to minimize it at any cost.

What can you do we only have two viable parties ofc there will be discord. It's like Trumpers, libertarians, evangelicals, neo-cons, and never trumpers barb each other on the right.

if you think someone saying that a washed up comedian sucks shit is "beautiful" I feel bad for your life. Like, go outside or something

"leftists" I've never heard of before with access to the internet make fun of "leftist" with a tv show who hasn't been relevant in a decade.
<YayKpop>

Sounds like Bill Maher hit a nerve with that MSNBC lady.

With what I've seen, with most people it appears that Maher 's concerns with woke cancel culture has been popular. Many of the beliefs and actions of the liberal woke have not been popular with many on the left either. It's understandable I believe. Critical Race Theory and it's woke teachings in schools, government agencies as Biden is having done and some businesses isn't going over well with many.

I'm not sure how far this will go, but I'd guess in the long run Mahers liberal woke cancel culture concerns will become the prevailing belief, even with a changing demographic. Woke teachings isn't a belief system that will have a positive impact overall on the nation I believe. There are better ideas for achieving national improvement.

Trump made it a right vs left thing. Why? Because you can’t very well claim to have “made America great again” when people are sick and dying, everyone is social distancing and wearing masks, schools and businesses are closed, and unemployment is rampant. Trump knew he’d take political damage and likely not be re-elected, and therefore he wanted to minimize COVID at any cost. So he did the same thing to COVID that he did to anything else that threatened him: he screamed “hoax” and “fake news” at it and tried to minimize it at any cost.
But didn’t he initially want to shut down all travel from China and then got criticized for it and called racist and what not?

Seems to me that he would be damned whatever he did or didn’t do because his critics have already decided to discredit him anyway whether he’s right or wrong.

Maher is not really a left-wing guy even if he has entertained the idea of being one, in his own mind. The guy is a centrist, center-left at best, a liberal, and a rather old school one at that.

I'm not surprised to see that the left is trying to run its purity tests on all the moderate-minded Democrats, and try to make them appear "uncool" and "not radical enough" to the younger generations. This is all to their benefit if they want to be dictating the narrative going forward.

The old style of being a cynical, sharp-witted secularist/atheist, who embraces the scientific model, is also going out of style in the left-wing ranks. It's now all about passionately embracing ideas that don't necessarily pass the test when they're being critically evaluated. This is creating a pretty big rift between the people who came up during the era of the Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Noam Chomsky types of liberals and left-wingers, the individual thinkers, compared to the modern type of "anti-intellectuals"/social influencers who rely on collectivist thinking, peer pressure and mass movements of people rallying around a few slogans to support their ideology.
Very strong post.

Back