Media More horrific reffing?

It was late, but I can see why the ref thought she was still awake (He doesnt' have a great view, her eyes are open, she's still propped on her elbows, some tension still in her muscles). Also bear in mind that what the mic hears in the video and what the ref hears may not be the same.

It's bad but I've seen much worse.

Eyes rolled back , fence pulling at her lip , looked like something out of a horror movie

This is something that needs to be addressed and unforuntely its not the refs fault always. If the fighters arms are locked in a position where they cant tap, this is what happens, its bad luck. Its impossible to tell if a fighter is just waiting there or is trying to tap, if he stopped the fight, people might have complained it was a BS stoppage.

I think it was horrific.
But also, one that many judges will miss.
The importance of having judges with:

* fight experience
* excellent knowledge of grappling

Contrary to his criticism, I believe that Goddard would have picked up on that. McCarthy, too.

I think from the ref's perspective it would have seemed less clear.

This angle, which a ref isn't able to get to, is unfortunately the one that makes it most obvious.

This angle misses how she left a huge lake of piss all over the ring after getting choked out
<YayKpop>

I think this stoppage is not as bad as it looks though, she wasn't out 'that' long (no real damage done, just some gnarly faces of death duuude) and it was kind of difficult for the ref to tell the exact moment when to step in. I'd just call it a 'little' bad rather than 'horrific' or even regular bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back