International More False Flag? Two tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman (Iran-USA Brinksmanship Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dems thought using Pompeo and Bolton would make Trump act and celebrated convincing him to be denied in the end.
Sick bastards.

hi and g'morning Fawlty,

the edicts that Mr. Pompeo are voicing essentially call for regime change.

he's asking Iran to cease and desist in their effort to maintain their regional power, or else...

imagine asking Russia to do that? or China? imagine if Ayatollah Ali Khamenei responded, "ok, we'll stop exerting our influence beyond our borders...if you do the same"?

i do not think the Iranian hard liners are pushing their luck - though they are showing a lack of deference and respect for the Trump administration, and i think that disrespect is well earned.

would you negotiate with this administration? i sure wouldn't. i'd simply announce that since the US is no longer bound by the 2015 nuclear deal, that my country is also freed from such constraints and i'd fast track my efforts to enrich my uranium and heavy water reserves (which is exactly what they're threatening to do).

i'd also just wait the Trump administration out and hope for regime change in 2020.

- IGIT

At the same time, there is also the chance that if they resume enrichment at higher levels on 7/7, the Trump team goes full retard and actually attacks.

Maybe it's an intentional leak to make Iran think "fuck this guy is crazy enough to kill us all"

Maybe. I tend to think it's a leak to show the Iranians that he's not stupid enough to fall for their bullshit. The US benefits from the current status quo; the Iranians seek to change the status quo because they're hurting now.

The sanctions imposed on Iran are biting harder than most people realize. The Iranians had spent upwards of $30 Billion in Syria in 2018 in their efforts to preserve the Assad regime. (https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/01/iran-wants-to-stay-in-syria-forever/)

Another year in Syria, more billions spent. The regime in Tehran has to face the real possibility that they might not be able to wait for Trump to be out of office to stave off complete economic collapse. Worse yet, there is the real possibility that Trump might win re-election, which would all but guarantee their financial ruin. Iranian proxies are also feeling the bite; Hezbollah is cash strapped and seeking alternate sources of funding: https://thearabweekly.com/hezbollah-verge-bankruptcy-iran-sanctions-bite

Trump has stated that the Iranians must return to the negotiating table without preconditions. If the Iranian regime were to acquiesce to Trump's demand, they would lose immeasurable face and credibility. The Iranians are backed into a corner and are feeling the heat. Their typical response to these kinds of scenarios is to lash out. Khamenei has historically believed that aggression is the better part of valor, not discretion.

The Iranians are also very adept at playing backgammon. They don't play chess or poker. So they are rolling the dice. The hardliners in Iran want to bait us into a limited conflict that would be politically damaging to Trump and undermine the will of other countries to abide by the sanctions. They also want to avoid all out war since that would result in the complete destruction of the IRGC and the regime's tools for survival.

They are going to continue to be aggressive and flirt with the red line. As long as we don't fall for it, we can rope-a-dope the Iranians into punching themselves out and let them dig the hole that they are in deeper.

The problem with this type of brinkmanship is the potential for it to spiral out of control.

The Dems thought using Pompeo and Bolton would make Trump act and celebrated convincing him to be denied in the end.
Sick bastards.

That is disturbing. If someone like Schumer is celebrating like after talks about waging war that then chances are it's not because anything good for humanity is about to go down.

Some 'journalists' are claiming this is the reason

But I'm calling bullshit. One, why would they be discussing this in such a way immediatly after a meeting about taking militray action against Iran? And two, Chuck Schumer is a demonic psychopath with not a single shred of love, compassion or empathy in his souless body. If he had just found out his mother had died and the life insurance was on it's way then I could believe it, but not this.

The other claim I'm reading is that this was immediatly after the meeting where Trump had agreed to stike Iran so Schumer had a hard on for the coming blood shed, but thankfully Trump ended up changing his mind. Which makes more sense.

At the same time, there is also the chance that if they resume enrichment at higher levels on 7/7, the Trump team goes full retard and actually attacks.

hiya Squall Leonhart,

if there's one thing that Kim has taught the world, its this; if you don't want to be invaded by the United States, get nukes, at all costs.

and since the United States has not only pulled out of the nuclear arms deal with Iran, they've violated the very tenets of it by resuming sanctions and marginalizing the people that Mr. Trump should be appealing to (the moderates in Iran)...

...i'd get nukes, pronto, if i was Ali Khamenei.

there will be no support from the EU. there will be no support from China. there will be no support from Russia. there will be no support from Japan...and the US will bleed the money and the blood for Trump's feckless foreign policy.

- IGIT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-canceled-iran-strike-us-111343787.html

Good on Trump for cancelling the strike. Best thing he has done in awhile.

"We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die," Trump said, adding: "150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone."

Re. bolded

A very reasonable statement from Trump
You're giving trump credit for realizing something he should have done originally? Lol reasonable. Why didn't he do this before okaying the attack? Thats reckless.

The regime in Tehran has to face the real possibility that they might not be able to wait for Trump to be out of office to stave off complete economic collapse.

hiya Lonesome Crow,

the Iranians absorbed US sanctions for almost two decades, preceding Mr. Obama's nuclear deal in 2015.

Iran can wait the Trump administration out. the sanctions that he's imposing will not have the leverage that Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Obama had, because China and Russia (along with the EU, possibly) are not going to go along with it.

- IGIT

doubled-down on the already massive *WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH*

i guess it's now *WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH*

Whatever makes yous feel better sweet heart, let us know when you stop living in the past.

You're giving trump credit for realizing something he should have done originally? Lol reasonable. Why didn't he do this before okaying the attack? Thats reckless.

How do you know he didn't and then changed his mind after the Dems thought they'd convinced him to attack?

hiya Lonesome Crow,

the Iranians absorbed US sanctions for almost two decades, preceding Mr. Obama's nuclear deal in 2015.

Iran can wait the Trump administration out. the sanctions that he's imposing will not have the leverage that Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Obama had, because China and Russia (along with the EU, possibly) are not going to go along with it.

- IGIT

Unfortunately they're not getting a shipment of cash this time around and their economy is already in the tank. SA has been itching to push Iran's shit in and we'll allow it.
Hold my beer and watch this IGIT.

How do you know he didn't and then changed his mind after the Dems thought they'd convinced him to attack?
I'm going by what trump is saying. you're just talking out of your ass and making shit up.

Unfortunately they're not getting a shipment of cash this time around and their economy is already in the tank. SA has been itching to push Iran's shit in and we'll allow it.
Hold my beer and watch this IGIT.

hio Beaver Brownlee,

Iran's economy was in the tank during the height of the Obama/Clinton sanctions - and they expanded their footprint in the ME during it - without that shipment of cash.

plus, this time around, i don't think the sanctions are going to have the bite necessary to compel the Iranian government to come to the table. the EU is actually proposing a new channel for limited trade that will bypass the US led financial system (INSTEX).

as i said, for Iran, its just a matter of waiting to see if there is regime change in the US.

- IGIT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-canceled-iran-strike-us-111343787.html

Good on Trump for cancelling the strike. Best thing he has done in awhile.

"We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die," Trump said, adding: "150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone."

Re. bolded

A very reasonable statement from Trump

So, Trump initially A okayed a military strike, without knowing the approximate casualties?

If it was just something on the table, then Trump asked, got the answer of 150 and Trump took it away as an option then that would be great. But 10 minutes from "go" he changes his mind?

hio Beaver Brownlee,

Iran's economy was in the tank during the height of the Obama/Clinton sanctions - and they expanded their footprint in the ME during it - without that shipment of cash.

plus, this time around, i don't think the sanctions are going to have the bite necessary to compel the Iranian government to come to the table. the EU is actually proposing a new channel for limited trade that will bypass the US led financial system (INSTEX).

as i said, for Iran, its just a matter of waiting to see if there is regime change in the US.

- IGIT

I doubt SA is going to put up with their bullshit for six more years.
We'll see.

...this reading master still thinks i was/am pro-hillary.
{<huh}

I mocked you for bringing her up at all, but I understand Trump is a major disappointment and you need your boogeyman to rationalize it and protect your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back